Essential oils have been around for hundreds of years. They were used by the ancient Egyptians, Persians, Indians, and Chinese. They have been known to help in the treatment of everything from cold sores, acne, and whooping cough, to insect bites, itching and stretch marks. They are all natural, and contain no chemicals. Here is my list of the top 10 essential oils you should have at home.
1. Peppermint oil can be used in many ways. It can be combined with lavender in a cold compress to treat headaches, especially migraines. It can help cool a fever, and it can be used as quick energy for a cold or flu.
2. Lavender acts as a relaxant. It is also great for treating acne, depression, insect bites, scars, sores, and stress. It works to help heal and prevent scarring from burns. It comes in many varieties, like: French, English, Croatian, and High Altitude.
3. Clove works as a sedative. It’s great for toothache relief, asthma, and nervous tension.
4. Lemon is good in aiding with digestive problems. It works to lower blood pressure. It can also be used to removes warts and corns.
5. Rose can be used for depression, menopause, eczema and stress.
6. Ginger is the oil to take if you are experiencing nausea. It also relieves aching muscles, arthritis, and poor circulation.
7. Basil has many uses. It makes a good massage oil for tired feet, muscles, and limbs. Many athletes and dancers ues it. It has antispasmodic properties which are beneficial in treating wasp stings and snake bites. It is also useful for digestive orders, such as vomiting, nausea, and hiccups.
8. Mandarin’s refreshing aroma is used to eliminate depression and anxiety. It is calming, so it’s great for those suffering with insomnia. It helps to prevent stretch marks if used regularly.
9. Tea Tree oil acts as a strong disinfectant. It can be used to treat: acne, cold sores, athlete’s foot, chicken pox, colds, corns, warts, itching, insect bites, and whooping cough.
10. Pine can be used as a deoderant. It is also great in the treatment of respiratory problems including pnemonia, colds, sinusitis, and sore throats.