Bollywood is shining one more time as it has got a yet another record breaking release last week. Dabangg made a whopping Rs. 81.57 crore ($16 Million) just in the first week collections. It broke all the records of the first day collections by other recent bollywood blockbusters like 3 Idiots & Raajneeti. Here are the 10 reasons why I think it was destined to be a superhit film
1. Salman Khan – For good or bad reasons, Bollywood’s this very own Lover boy Salman Khan has always been in the limelight. His earlier release ‘Wanted’ was a Superhit. His character ‘Chulbul Pande’ is a corrupt police officer who is dashing, emotional, romantic & funny too. No wonder it has something for every viewer.
2. Sonakshi Sinha – Bollywood’s this new face is already enjoying stardom. Sonakshi is daughter of Superstar of 70’s & politian these days ‘Shatrughna Sinha’ a.k.a. ‘Shatru’ or ‘Shotgun’. He was known for his own special style of dialouge delivery & rugged looks. Sonakshi unlike other heroines of Bollywood is not slim. But she certainly has the cool looks the audience was expecting to see on the silver screen. No wonder, if her looks set a new trend in the bollywood.
3. Comedy: Again it’s a forte of Mr. Salman Khan. He has an incredible sense of humour. He has been a popular host to a quiz show on Indian Television like ‘Dus ka Dum’ (Power of ten) & has made appearences on reality shows like ‘Sa Re Ga Ma Pa’ and ‘Dance India Dance’. His past hit movies with director David Dhawan were typically crazy comedy films including a hindi remake of Hitch where Salman Khan played the character of Will Smith.
4. Action: Salman Khan Again!! His first movie ‘Maine Pyaar Kiya’ portrayed him as a chocolate boy which very well suited his personality. But soon he transformed himself into a macho man. There after in every movie he just loves to take his shirt off :) No surprises if it is said that he is paid extra to do that. Like his other hit movies, Salman Khan takes his shirt off in this movie too & even in his 40s Salman Khan still looks fab.
5. Music: Incredibly well job done by Music director duo ‘Sajid-Wajid’. They have been associated with Salman’s other recent releases like ‘Wanted’, ‘Main aur Mrs. Khanna’, ‘Hello’ etc. ‘Tere mast mast do nain’ is already topping all the bollywood music charts. The music has a lot of local folk touch & tunes are very melodious. The songs simply resonate with the mass cinema audience. However it has also got appreciation from the critics.
6. Dialouges : Catchy dialouges which pull claps in the theater was a trend of 70’s Indian Cinema when Bollywood Superstar ‘Amitabh Bacchan’ literally ruled the silver screen. Salman’s last hit ‘Wanted’ had the same plus point which again was ensured in this movie. If someone loves to watch movie for sheer enjoyment, the movie is worth the every penny paid for the ticket.
7. Marketing: Uh..Read this as ‘Hammering’. Indian Television is a booming marketing media & it can make anything popular just by showing it infinite time. We have seen some sense less songs getting immensely popular by the marketing gimmics. But this time, the marketing worked in favour of the movie. Salman Khan was also in news for breakup with his latest flame ‘Katrina Kaif’ & also the news of him hosting India’s biggest Reality show ‘Big Boss Season 4’ came very timely. All this certainly worked like a charm for movies success. Social media ‘Twitter’ also played a big role in the marketing. Salman Khan regularly tweeted quotes & pics about Dabangg & so did Arbaaz Khan (Producer & Supporting Actor), Abhinav Kashyap (Director), Sonakshi Sinha (Female Lead) & Taran Adarsh (Film Critic). It left no stone unturned, I must say.
8. Timing: The movie was released during the festival season in India. It was the day of ‘Eid’ & also holiday season of ‘Ganesh Chaturthi’ (Festival of Lord Ganesha). This undoubtedly brought audiences to the cinema halls & the box office windows were ringing like Jackpot winner slot machines in a casino.
9. Title of the movie: The name ‘Dabangg’ means Fearless. It’s a very catchy word in ‘Hindi’ & certainly suits Salman Khan’s persona. It created a lot of curiosity about the film & has it’s own share in the success of the film.
10. Munni a.k.a. Malaika Arora – Last but not the least ‘Munni’ a.k.a. Malaika Arora. A Masala movie like Dabangg is just incomplete without an ‘Item Song’ (which is targeted to masses with catchy tune & curvy dance appearences). ‘Munni Badnaam Hui’ did wonders to the movie. In past, audiences have seen 3 hour movies for just a 5 minute Item Song. Munni Song is no different.
So Bottom line is …If you haven’t seen the movie yet…. You know what you are missing now.