Most of these stars can’t drive, can’t vote or can’t drink yet but they’re already on the cusp of stardom. Read on to find out more about these 10 upcoming young stars under 20.
10) Emma Roberts – 19: Niece of actor Julia Roberts, this teen debuted at age 9 as Johnny Depp’s character’s daughter in the film Blow. Since then the young star has been in teen movies and television shows. In early 2010 she starred alongside her famous aunt in the ensemble movie Valentine’s Day.
9) Miranda Cosgrove – 17: Best known as precocious school girl Summer in the Jack Black movie School of Rock and now as Nickelodeon star of iCarly. She was the voice of Margo in animated movie Despicable Me and she’s making a guest star appearance on CBS’s The Good Wife as a troubled teen in November.
8) Bobb’e J. Thompson – 14: He’d already appeared in movies with Vince Vaughn (Fred Claus) prior to his wisecracking role in the 2008 movie Role Models for which he was nominated Best Breakthrough Performance at MTV’s 2009 movie awards. In 2009 he also appeared in Will Ferrell’s Land of the Lost and Eddy Murphy’s Imagine That. Thompson also played Tracey Morgan’s character’s son on TV comedy 30 Rock.
7) Saoirse Ronan – 16: Was nominated for Best Supporting Actress Oscar, Golden Globe and BAFTA for her role in Atonement. Also starred in 2009 film The Lovely Bones. Watch for her in upcoming girl-assassin movie Violet & Daisy.
6) Connor Cruise – 15: Son of actors Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman, the super-cute Connor was adopted into famousness and it suits him. He’s already been in a feature movie with Will Smith and will be appearing in the 2010 remake of 1984 movie Red Dawn.
5) Taylor Momsen – 17: Made famous by her character of Jenny Humphrey on CW’s Gossip Girl, Momsen has lately branched out on her own to model and do music. She’s the face of Madonna and daughter Lourdes’ “Material Girl” clothing line, as well as the face of John Galliano’s Autumn 2010 fragrance Parlez-moi d’Amour (Tell Me About Love). She’s also the lead singer of rock group The Pretty Reckless in which she performs in questionable lingerie ala Cherie Currie and thick, black eye makeup.
3 & 4) Jaden Smith – 12 and Willow Smith – 9: They’re the son and daughter of actors Will Smith and Jada Pinkett-Smith and natural-born stars. Jaden has appeared in a few feature movies and stared in the remake of The Karate Kid. Willow has also appeared in feature movies but more notably on the red carpet sporting trendy styles as well as at fashion shows. She also has a new hit song “Whip my Hair.”
2) Elle Fanning – 12: Younger sister of acclaimed actor Dakota Fanning, Elle has been quietly building up her own acting resume. She’s already been in feature movies with Brad Pitt twice (Babel and The Curious Case of Benjamin Button) and is cast in the latest upcoming J.J. Abrams/Stephen Spielberg sci-fi thriller Super 8.
1) Lourdes Ciccone Leon – 13: Madonna’s first-born is already a tabloid staple. She also debuted the clothing line “Material Girl” that she designed along with her mom for Macy’s; which she blogs about regularly. The high-school freshman is attending the prestigious Fame school: Fiorello H. LaGuardia High School of Music & Art and Performing Arts.
More Top 10:
For the 10 hottest women on television click here
For the 10 hottest men on television click here