Parents, especially Mom, there are some things you should know about what your kindergartner thinks. Check out these 10 things your embarrassed kindergartner wants to tell you but hasn’t. Help your child save face and keep his dignity while at school, on the ball field or just hanging out with friends.
1. Slippers are never to be worn in public Mom. Even when you are not getting out of the car, please no slippers! This also goes for rollers, pajamas and your bathrobe.
2. When I fall down, and I will, do not say anything about a “boo-boo” and please stay in the bleachers.
3. Do not refer to my private areas or any of my body parts with goofy names like “winky.” Actually, do not talk about my bodily ailments with anyone at all.
4. Do not heckle my schoolmates or the opposing team. I work with these kindergartners every day.
5. Do not volunteer to bake if your cupcakes are always subpar. I love you anyway, but please…
6. I know you want me to eat healthy Mom but please do not pack me foods I hate. I will go hungry if you do.
7. Ease up your smiley face obsession. I am in kindergarten and I do have bad days. My smiley faces or lack thereof is not a reflection of you, but of me. Please do not take it personally but encourage me to do my best.
8. Do not volunteer for every field trip or event. I need my personal space.
9. Please, please do not dress me funny. Even if it is trendy, I just want to blend in. And I do not want to wear hand me downs.
10. Never let me see you throw my artwork or schoolwork. I may not remember them but I made them all just for you.
Okay Mom and Dad, you heard them. Put your child’s top ten into practice today. Your kindergartner will thank you later for your thoughtfulness.