Do you want to get a good looking spray tan that lasts? Here are some tips to help your spray tan.
1. Shower beforehand – Shower beforehand to get rid of any lotions that could cause the spray to not adhere as well.
2. Scrub your skin – All you need is a light scrub to get rid of the dead skin and revealing the healthy skin underneath. This will help you get a nice even, maintainable tan during application of the spray.
3. Moisturize beforehand – Apply a good water based moisturizer to help the skin accept the spray tan.
4. Take off all jewelry – Pretty obvious, but of course it will leave marks on the skin. Take off all of your jewelry before application.
5. Take care of hands and feet – Either put on a crème or wear booties on your feet as you tan. Your hands and feet are dryer and will take to the tanning solution much faster. This will make them darker than the rest of your body if you don’t take care of them beforehand.
6. Wipe off the excess – As you finish make sure you take care of any drips and excess on such things as your hands and feet.
7. Wait to shower – Let the tan set. If you shower to early then it can remove some of the tan, making it much lighter than originally wanted.
8. Do not take long showers or baths – Taking long baths and showers can cause the skin to regenerate itself and create new skin. The problem is that’s where the tan is, so it will begin to fade.
9. Clothing beware – Be careful to not wear light colored clothing like white. The tanning solution can bleed onto the clothing if you are not aware.
10. Get a partner – If you are doing the spray tan at home don’t be shy to ask for help. It will not only make it easier to get an even tan, but you will also get someone else’s opinion when done.