1. Wish him Happy Birthday first before everyone else. Unfortunately with Facebook giving everyone notice I was not the first online, but I was the first in person, “Happy Birthday!”
2. Make him breakfast. I failed on this one too, we went to sleep after midnight and I sorta got up and forgot it was his birthday again, besides I think he had cereal, I can do that.
3. Pick him up from work for a surprise dinner date. If you’re going to dinner, why not try the Family Restaurants with a Sports theme.
4. Ask him what he wants from you – then do it for him, no questions asked. Unless it’s illegal, immoral, or unethical, I guess you could ask for his second wish.
5. Give him a “gag gift bag” with all his favorites: socks, underwear, and a book on how to be the most excellent husband. I’m not sure why some or is it most men, don’t buy themselves new underwear – what’s up with that?
6. A gift bag he wants: an official jersey from his favorite sports team, and tickets to the play-offs.
7. Wash his car, or motorcycle, or bicycle. Make his wheels spit shiny.
8. Do all the “honey do” things around the house, just for that day.
9. Get him a snack bag of his favorite goodies to take to work and stash in his office desk.
10. Tell him he doesn’t have to shave if he doesn’t want to. At least for his birthday, if he wants to sit around in his underwear and watch football – let him do his thing; set him up with chips and salsa and leave the house. Be happy, it’s his birthday!