Try these effective home remedies for morning sickness. Help keep yourself morning sickness free through the first trimester by avoiding morning sickness completely.
If you’ve just discovered you’re pregnant, no doubt you are searching for remedies for morning sickness. There is nothing worse than waking up in the morning and feeling that nauseous sensation that refuses to go away. No matter if you are a stay at home mom or out in the workforce, no one has time to deal with the effects of morning sickness. Try out these morning sickness home remedies to help you combat motion sickness before it ever begins!
What causes Morning Sickness?
Morning sickness is the nausea and vomiting that often comes with pregnancy during the first trimester. Morning sickness affects almost half of all pregnant women which can be another good reason to research before you ever feel the first symptom. Have your plan in place so you never have to feel the effects of nausea and the vomiting that many women experience.
Morning Sickness can happen at any time: morning, afternoon, or evening. Hormonal changes or imbalances, vitamin B deficiency, and even chemical changes in the body are all part of the reasons for morning sickness. They key is finding a remedy that will help you find relief through these difficult months. Don’t be afraid to try different remedies as every woman’s body is different.
10 Tips for Morning Sickness
• Make sure you get an adequate amount of sleep every night.
• Have crackers beside your bed so you can nibble on one before actually getting up.
• Stay away from foods that make you cringe.
• Eat your comfort foods. Remember, it’s better to eat than not eat!
• Exercise, Pilates, or Yoga. Find relaxation any way you can.
• Peppermint has been known to relieve nausea. Peppermint oil is wonderful to keep on hand.
• Herbal teas are not only relaxing but often can help relieve nausea. The key is finding the one that works for you. Chamomile, Mint, and Peppermint are great choices to start off with.
• Stop smoking. Not only is smoking bad for you, but smoking is also bad for your baby. Make a commitment to stop smoking while pregnant and then stop for good.
• Aromatherapy Oils work wonders for relaxation and calming the body.
• Baby Wipes can help you feeling fresh all day long. Try the scent free kind.
10 Morning Sickness Home Remedies
Apple Cider Vinegar and Honey can be effective at tackling morning sickness. Take one tablespoon of honey and one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with a little water. Mix these and eat. This should be done just before going to bed.
Vitamin B and Calcium should be taken every day to combat deficiencies. Vitamin B and calcium can also thwart morning sickness.
Protein Snacks just before bedtime can also be effective remedies to morning sickness.
Rest has proven to be effective for morning sickness. Being pregnant equals being tired. Get rest!
Wheat Germ and Warm Milk every few hours can help keep morning sickness away. Add a little honey to the mixture and you have an effective morning sickness remedy.
Avoid Strong Odors throughout the day. If scents like Peppermint are calming to your stomach, have peppermint candy or Peppermint Oil handy to breathe in. Think of it like Fainting salts… instead there is only vomiting no fainting involved.
Lavender and Peppermint Oil can be effective in the air. Get calm soothing smell that doesn’t upset your stomach. You can buy these oils at a health food store or online. If you find a scent that really works for your, place it on your pillow and anywhere you are during the day.
Lie Down and rest your eyes. Breathe deep and let your body totally relax. This can be done throughout the day no matter where you are. Find a place to totally block out the world. Relaxing music has a way of calming our mind and our body.
Ginger Root and Ginger Tea have proven to be effective morning sickness home remedies. Add mint or honey to make the taste better. Find what works for you. There are many scents and tastes to choose from. The key is finding one that will calm your stomach. Don’t be afraid to try several before you find the one that helps you the most. You will be glad you did!
Fried and Fatty Foods are big no-no’s. Help your stomach by staying away from these foods until you have successfully gotten past the morning sickness.