Nobody likes to get sick, but do you know of some ways to avoid it? Here are some tips to help you avoid getting sick this year.
1. Flu shot -Get your flu shot ahead of time so that you can avoid the flu that it’s defending against. Remember that this does not protect against everything so you still can get sick. Take further measures to protect yourself from other viruses and colds.
2. Take your fluids -Take 8 8oz glasses of water a day. It helps flush your system, and helps your immune system fight any intruders.
3. Eat right – Make sure that you are eating healthy meals full of greens and lots of nutrition. It will help your immune system and give you more energy.
4. Wash your hands -Wash your hands often. Especially in social setting and when you go to the bathroom.
5. Take your vitamins -Try to take some kind of multi-vitamin daily. This will help give your body the nutrients it needs to fight off diseases and make your immune system stronger.
6. Avoid sick people and hospitals – Avoid hanging out will sick people at work, and even avoid hospitals or doctors’ offices. They are full of germs and are fully capable of getting your and your family sick.
7. Get enough sleep – Lack of sleep can weaken your immune system, making it more difficult to fight off those pesty germs.
8. Don’t drink – It has been recently proven that drinking heavy amounts of alcohol can weaken your immune system.
9. Avoid people – If you don’t have to be around people then don’t. Going to the mall, or restaurants, or even social gatherings can increase your chance of getting sick.
10. Don’t over train – Training by weight training and doing cardio actually breaks down your body’s immune system, then you
11. Avoid touching your face -Your eyes, nose, and mouth are all gateways to the body and are favorable ways for germs to enter the body. Avoid touching your face, because you can easily pass germs from your hands to your body unnecessarily.