Scope it, as in Horoscope: When told it will be a fun-filled adventure you will not forget, chances are you will. You usually remember the bad things.
Bonehead Tip of the Day: Too much too fast. When someone tells you to get some bran into your diet, pace yourself. Then go easy on the corn, sunflower seeds and lettuce while you are at it. Ouch!
Trivia: American settlers on a voyage to the New World would drop a silver dollar in their milk to delay spoiling. Today, we call it quarters. Huh? The ancient Greeks, known as the Pythagoreans, thought sex in hot weather was bad news because it could harm the newborn child. They suggested people eat salads. Even this sounds made up to me and I have it right here in front of my glass of milk. The winner of the 1904 marathon was given brandy during the race. Oh, and strychnine.
The List: Really.
1. It took this long until people woke up and decided “Dancing With the Stars” isn’t legit?
2. I hope we do not have to have a royal wedding update every single day until that blessed day. Royal pain.
4. Huh? CBS interviews editor at People and she notes that Ryan Reynolds is “The Sexiest Man Alive.” Did you think ABC was happy after that made the rounds long before the special show aired last night?
5. A pastor has decided to tell folks to delete Facebook accounts. Jimmy Kimmel launched “Unfriend Day.” Backlash has begun, perhaps.
6. Remaking “The Wizard of Oz” – can’t go on. This cannot be a good idea.
7. Bill Clinton wants to ban Twitter, live blogging and reporting from his speech. Again, perhaps the backlash has begun.
8. I find it hard to call “The Big Bang Theory” a comedy. I know it’s only a theory and has yet to be proven, but still.
9. Looked at the calendar and said, “Yes, it’s almost the year 2011.” Then why are we still using a laugh track? That means you “Better With You.”
10. I do not want to hear any fruit cake jokes this holiday season. Or jokes related to those lawn items like the old lady bent over or the cowboy leaning against the door. Just move on.
Closer: There is a fine line between flirting and being a pervert. Much like going through an airport scanner these days.