Scope it, as in Horoscope: Say thank you to someone you rarely talk to today. It may not help you but it will surely throw a curve as the day continues.
Bonehead Tip of the Day: You are in for a bad or a boneheaded day if you do this: When you wake up, the first thing you do is wonder what the president of the United States is doing. The president should not be the first person you think about. If he or she is, then the country is in trouble.
Trivia: Jacques Montgolfier’s wife was drying a coat over an open fire (along with some chestnuts). The heat inflated the coat and the hot air balloon was born. As for “The Christmas Song,” that would be born years later on a hot July day in southern California. The kangaroo rat is neither a rat or a kangaroo. It’s a mouse. The top excuse for giving up sex is now fatigue. Because Clarence Birdseye studied how Eskimos lived and ate, he developed the idea for frozen foods. To him, not just an idea, it worked.
The List: Worst Christmas songs, to me, that is.
1. “Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer” – Once a long time ago was fine.
2. “Wonderful Christmastime” – Just phoning it in, Paul?
3. “Someday at Christmas” – Do not need the lecture.
4. “12 Days of Christmas” – Having to hear how much all 12 days cost every single year make me wish there were only two.
5. “The Little Drummer Boy” – Hey, the baby is trying to sleep. Who let that kid with the drum in here? It was bad enough we got kicked out of the Inn and people are all over the place, but this?
Closer: Just pretend. Sometimes that is all you can do.