Are you tired of having thinning hair? You don’t have to worry, because there are some things you can do to help in the short and long term. Here are some tips to help thicken your hair.
1. What’s in your shampoo? – Some shampoos have chemicals in them that can actually damage hair over time. Sodium Laureth Sulfate is one of them. Usually some of the less expensive shampoos contain this to help clean the hair so be aware of what’s in your shampoo.
2. Baking powder – By adding 2 tbs of baking powder to your shampoo it will coat individual hair and give volume to your overall look.
3. Gelatin powder – Add 2 teaspoons of gelatin powder to your shampoo while you are washing it. This will also add additional volume.
4. Watch what you are eating? – You need to watch your diet. Any malnutrition will show in your hair and make it more difficult for hair to grow. Also make sure that you are eating foods high in protein. Things like lean meats, fish, chicken, and turkey are great sources of lean protein.
5. Take your vitamins – Vitamins such as vitamin B, vitamin C, biotin, and ginkgo biloba are all great at aiding hair growth. Take them daily for best results.
6. Your haircut – Talk to your hair stylist in finding the best hair style that will fit your needs and give you the best looking hair.
7. Get some rest – Make sure you are also getting plenty of rest. Any lack of sleep can affect your hair in the long run.
8. Exercise regularly – Exercising will also result in a fuller, healthier head of hair.
9. Trim often – Get your hair trimmed regularly to help avoid split ends.
10. Use olive oil – By applying olive oil to your hair, it will help moisturize, protect, and regrow new hair.
11. Fight off DHT – DHT is an enzyme produced by that body that inhibits hair growth. To help battle it, try drinking four cups of green tea daily.
12. Avoid the sun – Try to limit your exposure to the sun. The sun can damage your hair.