It is the year of pinching the financial belt, and Black Friday began this year at 3:00 in the morning. Websites such as JC Penny’s posted reminders that we needed to set our alarm to arrive at the doors of locations nationwide at 4:00 a.m to shop for Christmas. I think I ate too much turkey for that.
My solution to Christmas shopping on Black Friday involves the ease of staying at home, online. It costs me less gas, and time. So, grab your cup of java or hot chocolate, and get clicking for some holiday bargains.
1) eBay holds some bargains with a little bit of auction savvy. You can monitor your watch or purchase list from your toolbar, or download an app for your iPhone, or Droid. Auctioning can be tricky during the holidays, though.
2) Amazon sells many items for a cheaper price. The Black Friday list runs through the end of the day, and there are many bargains to hold. If you spend more than $25, you earn free shipping, all year. The Amazon Kindle sells at a special price as well.
3) Nextag.com allows you, the shopper, to search for the best bargains on the Internet. Just type in the item you are looking for, the engine will show you the links to purchase the bargains.
4)Sam’s Club always carries good prices in their electronics, books, clothing, and home departments, if you have a membership. There are food bargain finds here too.
5) Ebates saves you money with cash back rewards. Use their website to begin purchases at name-brand stores, such as Target, Wal Mart, eBay, Barnes and Noble, Sears, and more.
6) Swagbucks helps you earn points to purchase selected items, such as gift cards. If you make purchases through Swagbucks, you also earn points.
7) Are you shopping for someone who has everything? Make an online donation toSamaritan’s Purse. This will save you shipping, and allow you to put the whole cost of your gift to good use. They serve beyond the Operation Christmas Child mission.
8) Donate to Mission of Mercy and support a child’s needs in impoverished conditions through the gospel of Jesus Christ.
9)Wal Mart online still holds a few sales. If you do not make it out on Black Friday, do not despair. Not all of the great bargains will be gone. However, do not wait until the last minute because most good deals will be gone before the holidays.
10) Toys R Us online totes good online bargains for the children, and provides some with free shipping.
11) Christian Books online sells Christian books, music, and Bible-related toys. The site also displays a link for slightly imperfect products if your budget is tight.
12)Lands End sells good quality clothing and shoes similar in style to LL Bean, but not as expensive. They also display an overstocks link for seasonal clothing at reduced prices.
So, if the family is sick, or the money is tight, do not despair. There are other options. It
may be a late online shopping night, but when the shopping is complete, you beat the traffic and the rush.