Are looking for a job and need some helpful interviewing tips to set you apart? Here are some interviewing tips to help.
1. Practice -Practice going through an interview. You can go through it with a friend or actual interview for a position that you are not interested.
2. Ask for interview questions -Some places will actually give you the questions for the interview ahead of time. It does not hurt to ask.
3. Prepare your responses -Prepare your answers ahead of time. This will make your answers clear and understandable.
4. Learn about the company -Learn something about the company or your job you’re interviewing ahead of time. This is one way to impress those interviewing you. You can easy go online and just do a search.
5. Dress appropriately – This is pretty self-explanatory, but you will be surprised how many are underdressed.
6. Be there on time -Always be there about 30 minutes ahead of time. This will help just in case someone is moved or you are running a bit behind.
7. Stay Calm and confident -Remain calm and confident. It will help you when it comes to your interview answers even if you are a bit off.
8. Eye contact -Always keep your head up and look into the eyes of your interviewers. I have seen many people including those who are interviewing interview with their head down and it gives off a bad impression.
9. Avoid repeating yourself – Just make sure you avoid repeating yourself and repeating transitional words. They will only make it more difficult to understand or believe anything that you have to say.
10. Avoid insulting anyone – Even if you had a poor experience at your last company, always keep chances better by not insulting anyone directly or indirectly.
11. Smile and positive -This will give the impression that you will be great to work with, and even if you are wrong on some questions you might be given the benefit of the doubt.
12. Open for anything -Don’t restrict yourself. If you are just getting hired onto a big company, sometimes you might have to work your way up so take what you can (within reason) and work your way up.
13. Willing for Change -Businesses and companies always change, but their employees do not necessarily like to. Make it known that you will change when the company does with no restrictions.
14. Thank you note -Thank those for interviewing you. You can send them an email or note.
15. Read feedback – If you get feedback after an interview, and then make sure you read through. You might be able to learn something new and use this to your advantage next time.