The end of the year is coming up and we still seem to be stuck in these hard times due to our economy. Although we are short on jobs, there are some jobs that are easy to fill. These are the best jobs in America in the year 2010.
1. Software Architect- This job is similar to those of architects that design buildings. Software architects design blueprints for engineers and volunteer for the programming. This job consists of working with customers, product managers, and are a link between companies. There are many things about this job that are appealing. It is a very creative and challenging environment, salaries are great, and the people are very skilled. A Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree, and experience is all that is needed to acquire this job.
2. Management Consulting- Consulting puts you in the position to advise companies on the growing of business and how to handle a problem. Also, it is their job to advise pricing and operations. This is the fastest growing job in these economical troubles. There is a great amount of team work, a huge variety of projects, and satisfaction of solving hard problems. Almost everybody can obtain this job, but some experience does help.
3. Environmental Engineer- This is a great job for the people that love the environment and will do anything to save it. Using engineering skills, this job protects the environment in every possible way. Environmental engineers are in control of energy conservation, water treatment, pollution, and are involved with government agencies. The only downfall of this career is dealing with corporate businesses when wanting a solution approved. An undergraduate degree is enough to obtain this job. Experience helps as well.
4. Database Administrator- Database Administrators manage and organize data, troubleshoot, and update software. This position is demanded everywhere due to the many data bases in businesses. The work you accomplish benefits your firm, and gives you the satisfaction of solving problems. Database Administrators usually start out as developers or programmers
5. Certified Public Accountant- The position of this job is to manage financial records and analyze numbers. CPA’s are needed everywhere for financial transactions and changing tax laws. Acquiring this job helps you known the circumstances of running a business and launching a company. Although dead lines can be stressful, the hours and pay are worth it. A Bachelor’s degree in accounting or one years Master’s program is required to obtain a job in this field of work.
6. Actuary- There is not much that comes with this job, but the salary and hours are great to come by. The job of an Actuary is to analyze data from accidents, sickness, illnesses, and retirement rates. Actuaries also ensure payments and guarantee benefits. Experience is all that’s required for this position.
7. Biomedical Engineer- Biomedical Engineers work with designing and developing medical services, devices, and treatments. They are in charge of a huge amount of technical advances and are involved with medical needs of the population. There are tons of opportunities in this career to give off your own ideas and produce lab supplies. A lot of troubleshooting is involved. This choice of career is the best, but there is one slight downfall. Not many business’, companies, or corporations need many Biomedical Engineers. It is estimated there are only 20,000 of these jobs. A medical, chemical, or electrical degree is all that’s required for the job.
8. Sales Director- A sales director manages sales staff and manages a company’s sale strategy. The good things about the job is that every day is different, there is always a coaching and supporting team, and you grow all across the industry. The down fall of the job is that there are always demands that need kept up with on time, every day. You can gain this position from being an experienced manager.
9. Civil Engineer- Civil Engineers supervise and design the creation and buildings of highways, bridges, and water and sewer plants. America, in this time, are in desperate need of these engineers. Fellow Civil Engineers have said that the best thing about this job is the feeling of leaving a legacy for the family. The disadvantages to the job are having so many permits and regulations to deal with at one time. There are two requirements for the job and that is a state license and a Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering.
10. Physical Therapist- Treat people with physical injuries and conditions. They also help people with pain management and surgical rehab. This job is rewarding and great for people that like to help with physical miss-treatments. The downfall of this position is that it can be emotionally and physically draining while working with other people. A state license and three year graduate degree is required.
11. Dentist- In charge of oral care and prevention of oral diseases in the human mouth. Also, dentists examine teeth, mouth, gums, and tissues for any sign of disease, pain, or injury. The position of a dentist is very straight forward and there is no need to explain this kind of job.
12. Risk Management Manager- A Risk Manager supervises a group of analysts and provides statistical quantities. They are also in charge of developing plans, programs, and educational training. Experience is required.
13. Healthcare Consultant- Involved in organizational studies and evaluations. They are also involved in design systems, procedures, and preparing information for assistants. A degree or two in the health field are required.
14. Occupational Therapist- This therapist helps clients improve in decision making, sequencing, memory, abstract reasoning, and coordination skills. Also, they recommend activities that build individual skills and life management skills. Therapists keep records of treatment and responses of clients.
15. Environmental Health Specialist- Conducts research and performs investigations. Environmental Health Specialists also identify and analyze the pollutant hazards that destroy the environment. Besides on the research the job involves, they do a lot of reports and take action on their observations. A degree in human resources and / or science is required.
16. Network Project Manager- Network Project Managers conduct studies, services, and estimated costs. As a project manager, they analyze data and plan schedules for equipment as well. The main idea of this job is to ensure all facilities have required the correct amount of capacity.
17. Emergency Room Physician- Their job is to diagnose and provide treatment of injuries and disease in the ER. Taking on this position, you must be able to handle diagnosing and caring of all different types of patients. A degree in the doctor, health, and surgery field are required.
18. Psychiatrist- This field of work has many benefits to it and the satisfaction of helping someone and even saving their life. Psychiatrists diagnose and treat and prevent disorders that occur in the mind. They are in charge of treatments and medication for each patient. Also, psychiatrists meet with one another and discuss treatment plans and progress of patients. A degree in psychology is required to obtain this job.
19. Senior Sales Executive- A sales executive is in control of maintaining and preparing records for sales and accounts. An executive also builds relationships with organizations for products and services. In order to succeed in this position, you must be competitive, have drive and admiration, and control sales and prices. It’s not hard to land this job, it’s just a matter of starting from the bottom and working your way to the top.
20. Primary Care Physician- A Primary Care Physician diagnoses, treats, and helps prevent disease and injuries that are common among the general population. A degree in the health field and a small amount of experience is required for this position.