Do you want to save some money on your electric bill? Here are some tips to help.
1. Turn off lights – It’s easy to do. Just try not to use them if you don’t have to.
2. Turn off TV -If you are leaving a room, then go ahead and turn off the TV. There’s no point in keeping it on.
3. Unplug unused appliances -Even though an appliance is not on, it’s still using some power by being plugged in. Unplug all unnecessary small appliances, vacuums, and hair car items that are not in use.
4. Adjust your thermostat – Adjust the thermostat so it does not turn on air conditioning or furnace as often.
5. Use fluorescent lamps – They use a lot less energy.
6. Energy star appliances -When purchasing appliances, look for the energy star emblem.
7. Hot water jacket -Purchase a hot water heater jacket so you don’t lose the heat in your water heater.
8. Turn down water heater -Turn it down just a bit so you don’t use as much energy.
9. Seal your windows – You can save a lot of money in lost heat through the seals of your window.
10. Clean your dryer screen -It makes your dryer more efficient.
11. Use curtains to reduce sunlight and heat into your home – During the summer it will help keep your home cooler so you don’t use as much energy cooling your home.
12. Use natural light in winter – Open your windows in the winter to bring light it. This will help warm your home and avoid having you use as much light.
13. Turn off computer – If you are not using it, then save yourself some money.
14. Wash your dishes by hand -To avoid having to use the dishwasher.
15. Run dishwasher only when it’s completely full -You will get less uses out of it that way.
16. Wash clothes in cold water as much as possible -That way you don’t lose money in reheating additional water.
17. Clean your filters – It makes your air conditioning/furnace more efficient.
18. Utilize fans -Fans cost less to run than your air conditioning.
19. Make sure vents aren’t blocked – It avoids wasted energy.
20. Use system fan -Use the system fan rather than the air conditioning.