Cool weather is around the corner, but there’s no need to frown. Dayton, Ohio offers plenty to do this fall for the family that doesn’t have to burn a hole in your pocket. Here is a list of festivals and activities to consider when the leaves begin to fall:
1) Kettering Holiday at Home: Held on Sunday September 5th from 11am to 6pm and Sunday September 6th from 12 noon to 5pm in Kettering, Ohio at the Kettering Government Center and Lincoln Park. Holiday at Home Parade will be held Labor Day morning at 9am on Far Hills Ave. with almost 100,000 in attendance. There is free entertainment, children’s activities, auto show, and a 5k run just before the parade begins. There will be lots of vendors with food and beverages throughout!
2) Urban Nights: Take a walk through Downtown Dayton on Friday, September 10th from 5pm to 10pm. This event is free and allows friends and family to experience the city of Dayton the way it should be: Safe and Fun! Open to the public, tour downtown Dayton where restaurants offer specials and business put their best on display! RTA trolley is free! http://www.downtowndayton.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=113
3) Germantown Pretzel Festival: Free parking and free entertainment make this an affordable activity for the family this September. Held in Germantown, Ohio on Saturday September 25th from 9am to 9pm and Sunday September 26th from 12pm to 6pm, there is a children’s play area and lots to eat: the pretzels are amazing!
4) Tom’s Maze and Pumpkin Farm: Held in Germantown, Ohio and open September 4th thru October 31st the admission is only $8 and free for children 5 and under. There’s a huge pumpkin patch and an eight-acre corn maze. There is also a pet corral for kids to see and pet the farm animals. Here is a link for discount coupons and hours. http://www.pumpkinpatchesandmore.org/Pumpkin.php?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.tomsmaze.com
5) Oktoberfest: Held from September 24th thru September 26th at the Dayton Art Institute. You will find some of the best craft beer you can drink and lots of it! Tickets are $6 at the gate and children six and under are free. Discounted prices are available for senior and students. There will be kid friendly activities and live entertainment. This is a great place to meet new people!