Austin, Texas is known for its nightlife and music where people can find a club that offers just about any type of music imaginable. But there is much more to Austin than just getting out and partying until last call. There are a wide variety of activities that the entire family can enjoy as well as people of any age group. These activities are for locals and tourists alike with no limitation to income or age. The following are the top 4 activities to do in Austin Texas:
1. Lake Austin – This is a very popular lake any time of the year. It does not rise and fall like many lakes in the area which means that it is always deep enough for any of the popular water activities like fishing, skiing and jet skiing. The area by the dam is a great place to fish as it is away from the normal traffic and the water is cooler for fish that prefer cold water in the summer. Lake Austin also offers spectacular scenery and views of multimillion dollar homes.
2. Austin City Limits – While this could be considered a part of the nightlife of Austin as it is one of the venues for the various music festivals, Austin City Limits is much more than that. Many of the top artists in music have performed here and it is historic in its celebrity. PBS has a weekly television show dedicated to performances that were held in the venue which is called, Austin City Limits. There is also the Austin City Limits Music Festival that runs from October 8th to October 10th with a wide variety of artists that are slated to perform. For more information contact: 1-888-512-SHOW.
3. Hiking or Biking in Austin – For the family or person who is health conscious and who would rather spend their time checking out the local scenery via the many hiking and biking trails, there are plenty in Austin to explore. The two favorites are Zilker Park and Town Lake. Barton Springs is also a favorite and offers activities that can be taken part in when taking a break from the bike or hike.
4. Golfing – Golfing is not just for doctors on a Wednesday morning anymore. Many families enjoy the fun of getting out on a course and hitting a round of nine or eighteen holes. Austin offers more than three courses for diversity in challenges. The top three courses are as follows:
• River Place Country Club – 18 private holes must be invited by a member
• Avery Ranch Golf Club – 18 public holes with a rating of 8.6
• Lakeway-Yaupon Golf Course – 18 holes, semi private