We all tend to find ways to make our lives a little easier and a little more convenient. Technology is advancing almost everyday. It’s surprising that they haven’t made some of these convenient products, just a little more convenient.
1. Remote Controls- We all love the convenience of not having to get up to change our TV channel every time we get sick of the station we are watching. Don’t keep extra batteries around the house? Well now you have to get up anyway to change the channel. Is your favorite show coming on in a few minutes and the remote is NO WHERE to be found? Does your couch tend to “eat things” like your remote but maybe not limited to just your remote? I know from experience that my couch likes to “eat things” and hide them too! I believe that technology could make this invention a little more convenient than they are supposed to already be. Including a remote locator with remotes could save us all a lot of time searching for a remote whether we are in a hurry to change the channel or just simply want to sit down to watch TV and relax. Another feature that could be added to these so called convenient remotes could be a charging station along side the remote locator. Now wouldn’t that be your definition of a dream remote control?
2. Big Remote Controls- Have you ever been walking around a store or visiting a friend and you see a big rectangle remote with buttons? Yeah this could be convenient to some, but also very annoying to others. People who may have trouble pushing small buttons or reading small numbers may love this convenient remote. Personally I find them very inconvenient. These giant remotes are very hard to grab and handle all together. These remotes are made very cheaply and half the time the buttons don’t work. If you are a heavy TV watcher, I recommend not purchasing this product. This convenient product could be useful to some if they just changed a few things. Make the remote platform smaller. Smaller buttons would be needed in this case, so make them smaller and use a larger size font. In addition to these, make the remotes not as cheap. If this product would be convenient for someone, chances are they will pay a few extra bucks to purchase it.
3. Cell Phones- Cell phones have truly been known to come in handy. They can be used to make important calls in serious situations. On top of making calls you may have texting, video messaging, and an online phone browser. Though these can be very convenient at times when your on the go, they can also put a huge dent in your pocket. Cell phones offer great features with additional price tags for each. Though convenient for some, they aren’t as convenient for others. Some people like to simply just use a cell phone for phone calls or in case of emergency. A technology that was once so simple for some can now be a huge headache. Convenient features sometimes result in frustration when it comes to trying to figure out how to use it or just use the basic functions of the phone. In addition to the usability being not always so convenient, battery life isn’t so convenient at times. They can make cell phones better by inventing some other source of power than the normal phone battery. More energy efficient phones can provide for a more convenient experience.
4. Alarm Clocks- Alarm clocks can be, well, very alarming in the morning. I don’t mean just for the person needing the waking up, but to everybody else in the household. Alarm clocks are convenient to those late risers but can also be a huge annoyance in the morning. From my personal use of this product, I choose not to use a standard plugged in alarm clock. First of all, I can never figure out how to turn the alarm clock off. The only button, which happens to be the biggest, is the snooze button. This button triggers the alarm clock to continuously go off every few minutes until you turn it completely off. These alarm clocks could be made a little more convenient. Changing the large snooze button to an off button would be a very helpful change. Of course for those snoozers you would need another snooze button. This could be more convenient on the side versus the top.
5. Automatic Ice Makers- Who doesn’t hate filling up the ice tray every time you use the last few ice cubes? Automatic ice makers were invented for just this problem. Even though these may tend to be convenient, they are also conveniently noisy and not so automatic. Maybe you have a guest sleeping near the kitchen. How inconvenient do you think it is for them to hear the ice maker going off all night? Automatic ice maker or an overload of ice? Maybe the so called automatic sensor isn’t so “automatic” in detecting when the ice tray is full. Fixing just how noisy this product can be and fixing the automatic detection could make automatic ice makers very convenient.