Halloween is the time of year when you can be as creative as you want to be and almost anything goes. You can still have some of the normal decorations such as pumpkins, witches and skeletons but this holiday opens up the door for so much more. If you’re willing to put a little time into it, you can come up with some very creative decorations that’ll blow your friends away.
Here are 5 creative Halloween decorating Ideas:
1. Paintings and Murals– Since you can’t actually paint your walls to create a spooky atmosphere the next best thing would be paintings and murals. You can buy them or create your own and hang these all through the home to create an eerie effect that creeps out your guest when the lights are turned down low. Installing wall lighting is an excellent way to create any mood you’re looking for and they’ll definitely add to the spooky effects.
2. Scarecrows– Dress up a scarecrow in a scary costume such as the ones you would see in a horror show and put it along the path leading to the front door so all visitors must pass by it. Use outdoor lights to give it a spooky glow and make it even more dramatic.
3. Spider Webs– Using spider webs to decorate for Halloween is not new but they can be used in so many creative ways that you’re only limited by your imagination. They can be used indoors and out and they’re much more dramatic with a giant realistic spider lurking within. You could even go all out and place a miniature of a person in the center of the web with a larger than life spider coming in for the kill.
4. Accent Your Home with Fall Colors– If you’re looking for a more subtle way to decorate for Halloween that doesn’t involve scaring your guest, consider accenting your home with fall colors. Use fall leaves, pinecones and similar items to create a beautiful centerpiece for your table. Replace your curtains and tablecloths with orange and black ones and use Halloween themed plates and cups.
5. Decorating for Children– If you have children in your home you can still be creative with your decorations without making it too scary for them. Go with the classic ghost, goblins, bats and cobwebs but use your imagination to present them in a new and unique way. Try a variety of colors and put them in unusual places.
These 5 creative Halloween decorating ideas can help to make your home stand out from all the rest on the block. You can make Halloween fun, exciting and unique with a little preparation and a lot of imagination.