Finding the right entertainment for your wedding is very important. A good band or DJ sets the whole mood for your reception and determines how people remember you big day. You want to make sure that you hire someone that will get every one up, moving, and having a good time. Here are some different options in the Columbia area that all do an excellent job.
1. The Coastal Breeze Party Band – This is a very popular live-entertainment band in the Columbia, SC area. They feature a wide variety of music from Motown, oldies, beach, rock and roll, and more. Their song list is very extensive, and they are willing to learn any song, even if it’s not on the list. They can cater to the audience in terms of style and performance. They are great at getting everyone up and dancing. Their website is http://www.coastalbreezeband.com.
2. Day One – Day One is a unique wedding band that is located in Gaston, S.C. and serves the Columbia area. They are comprised of four main members that all trace their family lineage back to Dizzy Guillespie, the Drifters, and The Moments. They have the equipment to accommodate large or small audiences. They play oldies, Motown, and rock, however, they also feature gospel and soul selections. Unlike most wedding entertainers they do not require that the clients provide them with a meal. They have back-up musicians in the even that one of the four isn’t able to make it. More of their information can be found at http://www.weddingwire.com/biz/day-one-gaston/241e1349d503f501.html.
3. Island Close By Steel Band – If you want something a little different or unique for your wedding then you may consider going with a steel band. A steel band is a lot of fun and allows for your guests to dance and have a good time. Island Close By is comprised of four experienced drummers who have studied percussion in academic settings. They play Latin, reggae, and island music, but also some more mainstream stuff such as pop music, Carlos Santana, and Jimmy Buffet. Their website is http://www.islandcloseby.com.
4. Common Ground – Common Ground is a rock band in the Columbia, S.C. area. The members consist of four friends who have a passion for having fun and helping other people have fun. Though thy play all of the typical genres of music, (oldies, Motown, beach, etc.) they have a decidedly rock sound. This band would be perfect for a couple who is looking for a more edgy style at their reception, or a couple with a “Rock” themed wedding. You can find more information about them at http://www.myspace.com/commongroundrockband.
5. Party Time DJs – If you want a DJ for your wedding reception then Party Time DJs is a great choice. This group DJs all have plenty of experience. Some you will even recognize form local radio stations. They are committed to professional dress and appearance at your event. The DJs have sound and lighting equipment for extra effect at your reception. They are also experienced emcees so they can make sure moments like the cake cutting and first dance go smoothly. Their website is http://www.patytimesc.com.