If you are on the search for a smart dog that will be a loyal companion and a fearless guardian, then look no further. The Doberman Pinscher dog is bred with those exact characteristics and specifications in mind. The Doberman will never question or doubt itself in any high stress opportunity and neither should you. This large and protective breed of dog has proved itself time and time again. Often called the “devil dog”, just the look of the Doberman Pinscher dog will ward off any would-be intruders; who would rather move on to another house than try their luck with your guard dog.
1. Fearlessness is a trait that almost every Doberman Pinscher dog is sure to possess. The Doberman Pinscher thinks of itself as your personal body guard – on duty all day and all night. You may even wake up to find your Doberman standing up with its front paws on your bed to check on you in the middle of the night. If there is a strange noise in the middle of the night, your Doberman will go investigate with no coaxing or commands from you. This is a natural reaction due to this type of dog’s high level of instincts.
2. Protectiveness is personality trait that all dogs are born with, but only few, like the Doberman Pinscher, have made it an art form. Always be a responsible pet owner and never force your dog to interact with other people or animals. Depending on the protectiveness level of your Doberman Pinscher, your dog could view anyone other than you as a threat that must be dealt with. It is best not to take your Doberman out into social situations until you first learn how the dog will react in any possible situation. The Doberman Pinscher is a means of protection, but remember that you do not have to do anything to active your weapon. The Doberman Pinscher dog is the only weapon that will go off by choice. Nothing could bring more sound sleep than knowing you are being watched over and protected even when you are vulnerable and asleep.
3. Intelligence is the best feature of a large breed dog like the Doberman Pinscher. This dog is a fast learner and most can be taught all of the normal dog tricks like sit, stay, down, shake, heel, come, and no (the most important command any dog can know) in less than 1 week. It will take any new dog a little time to get used to being in a new home and to learn all of the rules to their new environment. Your new Doberman will quickly learn that the cat’s food is off limits, or your bedroom slippers are not on the floor just for him. The key is the be repetitive with your teachings: the cat’s food cannot be off limits one minute and acceptable to munch on an hour later. No matter what your dog’s learning potential is, your dog can only be as intelligent as you teach it to be.
4. From the moment you bring a Doberman Pinscher puppy into your life, they start to bond to you immediately. The bonding process is made easy by the instinct for companionship that this large breed of dog is born with. Nothing is better on a cold night than a 100 pound Doberman snuggling up against you for warmth. Once an attachment has formed, this dog will follow you everywhere and will insist on always being at your side.
5. Loyalty is a trait that anyone who has owned a Doberman Pinscher will attest to; this dog would truly die for its owner. In a breed like the Doberman Pinscher, you will find a best friend and a bodyguard all in one furry for legged body. This dog is naturally territorial and is very keen at knowing its boundaries and is always on patrol.
Any dog can be man’s best friend, but few dogs, like the Doberman Pinscher, can be man’s best friend and fearless protector. A dog does not have to be paid to work for you, your love is all the payment your dog will ever need. That and maybe a little treat from the kitchen every now and again.