If you have never watched “Brothers and Sisters”, you are missing out on a show that will make you laugh, cry, and delve into your role within your own family. Despite the fact that “Brothers and Sisters” is a show with continued storylines, you will be so drawn in by the Walker family that you will soon catch up with the major plot lines. Even if you have to go back and watch old episodes, it is well worth it to become a part of this weekly saga.
Here are the top 5 reasons you need to start watching “Brothers and Sisters”:
1. The Walker family reflects the best and the worst of all families. They have dealt with some very harsh realities: infidelity, child of out of wedlock, drug addiction, sudden death of a loved one, car crash, divorce, AIDS diagnosis, serving in the war, miscarriage. They have also shown what it means to be a real family, showing one another support and love when faced with some tough issues.
2. “Brother’s and Sisters” is a show that is not afraid to tackle controversial issues. Some of these issues include homosexuality, gay marriage, political scandals, adultery, interracial adoption, taking in a dead husband’s love child, befriending a dead husband’s mistress and accepting her into the family business.
3. The wonderful rich characters in “Brothers and Sisters” is another reason to watch. Rarely does a show come along in which one feels such a personal connection with the characters. With Sally Fields as the doting loving matriarchal mother (Nora Walker), one can’t help but identify with her on some level. She may remind you of your own mother or perhaps remind you of the mother you wish you had. She makes a lot of mistakes, but they are all done in love.
4. The humor that is interwoven throughout the show is another reason to watch “Brothers and Sisters”. No matter how serious a storyline may be, the Walker family has a way of interjecting humor into the situation. The humor is just enough to keep the show from drowning in its often dark storyline.
5. Another reason to watch is because of all of the great eye candy on the show. The Walker family includes sons Justin, Kevin, and Tommy as well as daughters Kitty and Sarah. Others that make the view very enjoyable on the show are Rebecca, Scotty, and Luc.
If you have been hesitant in the past about watching “Brothers and Sisters”, now is the time to get started. A brand new season of Walker drama has just started. Stay tuned for the laughter and the tears. “Brothers and Sisters” airs at 10 pm ET Sundays on ABC.