For her 25th and final season, Oprah Winfrey and her staff have already pulled out all the stops (on this season’s premiere episode the entire audience was given a trip to Australia- and she’s already nabbed interviews with JK Rowling and former President George W. Bush).
But could November be the best “Oprah” show lineup yet? Here’s 5 reasons to watch “The Oprah Winfrey Show” this month.
1. The Jackson Family Interview. In case you missed Oprah’s November 8th interview with Michael Jackson’s parents Katherine and Joe, and her back yard chat with his kids and some of the Jackson cousins, it’s worth a looksy over at Oprah.com. While there are no major revelations (Katherine said her son was “addicted to plastic surgery”), we do learn a few things about the late King of Pop’s fatherly side (he was an expert French toast maker). And his mother, whom Oprah claimed Michael would have done “anything for” gave us a raw look at a mother’s pain when she talked about her son.
2. Reunions galore. So last week Oprah featured teen heartthrob surprises. Yes, it made me feel old to see Shaun Cassidy looking old. And Frampton- well, he’s still alive! But it was still great to catch up with these former teen heartthrobs (also on the show were The Backstreet boys and Jackie Jackson). Fast forward to this week when Oprah reunites famous talk show hosts from the past. Geraldo, Montel, Ricki Lake, Sally Jesse and the king of all kings- Donahue! Hey- where’s Jerry Springer? Oprah’s talk show host reunion airs on November 10th.
3. Barbra Streisand Interview. – November 16th. While it’s not the first time this songbird has appeared on the show, Oprah has nabbed an interview with Barbra Streisand, which will also include a rare performance. But music isn’t the only thing on Streisand’s mind these days- In fact, Oprah’s pal Nate Berkus better watch out! Streisand will also talk about her passion for home design. According to USA Today, Streisand’s first book, aptly titled, My Passion for Design, is due out the day this interview airs.
4. Jonathan Franzen book club discussion. We all remember how author Jonathan Franzen dissed Oprah’s book club when she selected his book The Corrections back in 2001. So it came as quite the shocker when she chose Franzen’s novel, Freedom, for her latest book club selection. On November 29th, O will sit down with Franzen to talk about his new book- and maybe set the record straight about what went down last time. Must see TV for the literary set!
5. Oprah’s Favorite Things. Yippee- it’s back! After a couple years on hiatus (sorry, I just can’t count that year Oprah suggested we out give homemade things), everyone’s favorite Oprah segment – Oprah’s Favorite Things- will be back to ring in the holiday season. The ad in O Magazine touts this year’s Favorite Things” as having a “humungous twist”. That could mean just about anything, but some fans are speculating that an upcoming Chicago-based ‘”Heroes” episode may have a “Favorite Things” tie in.