If you are looking for a way to build new article ideas, then consider writing an article series. This can be one of the best ways to write more articles and keep your readers coming back for more. However, there is a proper way that you write an article series. Once you learn this, you will get the most benefit from each article series that you write.
Here are 5 Steps to Write an Article Series
You can write an article series easy with these tips:
1. Do adequate research beforehand to help you write the full article series. This will allow you to sit and write the full series without the need to stop in between each article for more research. The overall structure of your series will be based around the research that you do first.
2. Create each article in the series where it can also stand alone. This is important when writing articles for the Internet because someone may stumble upon only one part of your article series and it should still make sense, even if they are not in order.
3. Each article should keep your reader wanting more. While each article should be capable of standing on its own with a beginning, middle and end to the structure, each article should also leave your reader wanting more so that they click to the next part of the series.
4. Create an outline for each article and for the series as a whole. This will help you to structure the entire series so that it goes in a logical order, covers all the main points and does not repeat points.
5. Don’t try to cover too many points in one article. Reserve one main point only for each article and follow it up with supportive facts. If you come across a new point you want to make, save it for the next article in the series.
Beyond the 5 Steps to Write an Article Series
Once you have these 5 steps to write an article series, you can continue to grow and build on this. You can use these steps to write more article series sets or to turn articles into an ebook or free download you can give away online.
Use list articles to create an article series. One example of this would be my “5 steps” above. I could take these 5 steps and break them down, creating one solid article reserved for each one. I can then turn this article into 5 more articles. For point number one, I might talk more about how and where you research and how to turn that research into a final product with your article.
For point four, I may describe how to outline and show examples of ways that you can outline for articles and how to turn your research into an outline. There is plenty of material here to create a total of six articles from this one. Happy writing!