For many of us our dogs are like family. Even though we enjoy the foods we eat, they can be harmful to our dogs. That cute begging puppy next to the table may want the food on your plate but next time you give in to their cuteness think about the harm you could be doing to them. Here are five foods that should always be avoided when feeding your dog.
1. Chocolate- All Chocolate is very dangerous for dogs and should never be fed to them. It contains dangerous ingredients which can be lethal to your dog.
2. Raisins- Grapes and Raisins can cause serious problems for dogs. They have been known to cause kidney failure and even the smallest amounts of these foods can harm.
3. Onions- Onions are toxic to dogs and can cause red blood cells to be damaged. Dogs should never eat this food because it can have fatal consequences and cause them to have trouble breathing as well as other effects.
4. Bones- Pork, Chicken, and Beef bones are very bad for dogs! These bones can splinter and become stuck in your dog’s mouth, throat and intestines.
5. Cat Food- Dogs should never be allowed to eat cat food! The proteins and fat content in cat food is too high and is not healthy for a dog.
If you suspect your dog may have eaten any food that can be of harm, look for symptoms. If your dog is acting strange, or exhibits symptoms such as weakness, vomiting, diarrhea, or a lack of coordination contact your veterinarian immediately. Contacting your veterinarian as soon as you notice any of these symptoms can mean the difference of life and death for your dog. It is best to feed your dog a good quality dog food and avoid the foods you enjoy.