If your daily lunch must include something from a fast food restaurant there may be some simple things that can make your lunch a bit healthier. Most don’t want lunch to be complicated or don’t have time to give a lot of thought about what they are eating throughout the day, so things need to be simple.
1) To make lunch a healthier choice, when having a sandwich switch from mayo or an oil dressing to mustard. Mustard contains considerably fewer calories, no fat, and usually no sugar, depending on the type used. This can also easily save more than 100 calories if this is an issue.
2) Drinks are easy to swap for a healthier choice. Avoid high sugar drinks and have water or unsweetened tea. Not a fan of water or unsweetened tea? Try a soda without sugar if you must, but the water or unsweetened tea would be a better choice.
3) Make lunch a healthier choice by adding some vegetables to your sandwich. Even when eating at Burger King or McDonald’s restaurant you can request some extra lettuce or pickles to add to the fiber content.
4) Skip the fries to make lunch healthier. If this seems almost impossible, buy a small order of fries and throw half away before sitting down to eat.
5) Having a healthier lunch may be as simple as avoiding dessert at least two days a week. Many fast food eateries have a dollar menu with goodies that can be hard for some to resist. Eating dessert after lunch just 3 days out of 5 may be a good start to getting closer to a lunch that is a bit healthier.
When looking for healthy places to eat in the Charlotte area, don’t overlook Luna’s Living Kitchen. Luna’s offers great lunch items that are full of the nutrients needed to keep one healthy. View the website for this restaurant by using their link below.
Luna’s Living Kitchen