People tend to buy more gift wrapping paper than needed when it comes to Christmas. We see a pretty paper, figure we can use it somewhere and then we’re stuck at the end of the season with a bunch of half used tubes. unruly bows and loose gift tags.
In order to eliminate over buying, here are five tips you can use to satisfy your needs for pretty paper and extra bows as well as make sure you know which gift goes to which person.
1. Choose two basic colors matching your Christmas decor. Traditional red and green, gold and silver, brown and gold, blue and white are just a few suggestions. By only choosing two colors, you’ve just eliminated all the other colored papers not matching your color theme.
2. Buy 2-3 rolls of paper per person. Depending on the quantity of presents, you’ll need to calculate how many rolls to buy, however usually two rolls of wrapping paper is sufficient. Buy one type of paper for each person. If you have a large family, you can use the same paper, just change the bows.
3. Choose one type of bow per person. After the presents are wrapped, choose only one type of bow material for a single person. There are so many styles of wired ribbon to choose from and by adding a curling ribbon. If you use the same wrapping paper for two people, just make sure the bows are different.
4. Eliminate the need for annoying gift tags. By using a different bow for each person, you eliminate the need to put tags which continually fall off wrapped presents. For larger families, put an ornament on one of the packages which reminds you of the person and you’ll automatically remember who will receive the gift.
5. Use multiple themes for parties and big families. For large families use multiple trees choosing various wrapping themes for gifts under the tree. We have a red and green tree with presents matching. Another tree has gold and silver with presents to match. One tree if for the immediate family and the other is for the guests. Another suggestion is to have a tree for the kids and one for the adults.
Make gift wrapping fun, affordable and you’ll eliminate a closet full of clutter.