Your dry skin can be a thing of the past. There are simple remedies you can apply even while you are in the shower or bath, to help prevent dry skin in the future. You no longer have to suffer with the embarrassment of dry skin regardless of the season or time of year.
5 Dry Skin Remedies in the Bath or Shower:
1. Tone down the water temperature. After a long hard day a hot, steamy bath may sound like the perfect thing. If the water temperature is too high it may do detriment to your skin. Hot water strips the oil and moisture from your skin, which will leave your skin dry, scaly, and parched. It may be a hard transition, but you can do it. Also, it will be best to limit your baths to 15 minutes or less and showers to even less time. The lower temperature should prevent you from having to wipe your mirrors from steam. As a side note, hot water is not good for your skin or your hair. It has the same drying out affect on your hair as it does your skin. Try rinsing hair with cool water for less dryness and frizz.
2. No more bubble baths. Taking bubble baths should become a thing of the past. Many are unaware that many of the ingredients in bubble bath has the ability to strip the oil and moisture from ones body. Instead, supplement your bath water with some soothing oatmeal, milk powder or bath oil.
3. Shave Smart. Don’t make common everyday shaving errors like: not shaving in the direction of your hair growth, and don’t use cheap drugstore shaving gel. The normal shaving gels can leave skin dry and susceptible to nicks. Also it is good to make sure that the products you use for moisturizing, contain aloe vera, and essential oils.
4. Pat dry, don’t rub dry. It is best to pat your skin dry when you get out of the tub. Rubbing is hard on the skin and removes moisture that leads to dry skin. By patting dry the skin does retain some moisture and it is later sealed in when you practice the next step which is skin moisturizing.
5. Lastly, remember to moisturize. Moisturizing is essential for good skin care. It is important that you never skip an opportunity to moisturize your skin when you get out of the tub. It is vital to have a favorite oil, lotion or butter available for use. Regardless of what the weather is like, you must moisturize for healthy , smooth skin.