I know that as the fall and winter approach many of us will feel the effects of the weather. Some will catch the common cold, others will suffer from flu like symptoms and I know that I will just feel the chill of the cold air as it whips around my body. As I have gotten older I have found that I am taking more precaution in regards to my health. Let’s face it, as I aged it takes longer for me to regain my health, so I am going to do everything within reason to remain as healthy as possible.
Here are five ways to stay healthy
1. Immunize. You see the ads on television, in doctor’s office or at your local pharmacy. Take heed of those ads, when you immunize, you prevent illness not only for yourself, but for your family. Schedule you, your spouse and your child’s immunization at your earliest convenience.
2. Exercise. I know that it sounds cliché, however fitness is essential to good health. Even moderat exercise two or three hours a week will help to keep you fit.
3. Watch what you eat. Eat a well balanced low fat diet. Wholesome foods will assist you in keeping you energetic and free of many illnesses. Incorporate lean meats, grains, fruits and vegatbles and diary products into your daily food consumption.
4. Stress. Everyone suffers from some sort of stress. We lead hectic lives, work, family, bills, relationships and family responsibilities are just some of the factors that can stress you out. Take a few moments to relax and learn how to relax.
5. Pursue healthy pleasures. Take time out of your day, take a quick nap, take your dog for a walk, take some time to play catch with your child, or enjoy a glass of wine with your significant other. Taking time to do something that you find enjoyable will help you to lead a healthier life.
Good luck and stay healthy.