All the expectant parents have this idea of what it will feel like becoming a parent based on the experiences they have heard or read about from friends and family. Everyone has his own perspective about this most wonderful gift of nature to man-kind.
No matter how much anyone explains and how much you think you know about the feeling, it is something totally when you experience yourself then only you know how magical it is. It is something you cherish your lifetime. If you are a parent or going to be a parent in near future, you will know it yourself, it is a blessing from above.
I would love to share with you how becoming parent changed my life.
1. Experience and started appreciating pure and true love more: When I became a parent, it was emotionally overwhelming. I was overjoyed, smile on my face and tears in my eyes. I had not seen anything as beautiful as my baby. It simply melts your heart and you feel love pouring. Something as pure as that may be you will feel for the first time. Looking at my husband, the way he looked at our baby you feel all the pain, all the difficulties that you overcame was all worth it. The love between and the child and the parent is the most beautiful thing in the world.
2. Become a better human being: Somehow I feel becoming a parent made me a better human being. You become more self- less. You think about your baby and your family more. You start looking at what you should do to make the lives of your baby, your husband, your family better and really try to do whatever it takes to bring smile to their face. Also, you want to be a role model your child will look up to. That motivates you to be the best person possible.
3. Do much more work than I thought I can do: All the love and wisdom apart, becoming a parent is physically very challenging from the day the baby is born. Be it feeding the baby, changing diapers, or simply doing the routine house work, everything changes. You do get sleepless nights initially and later whenever the baby is sick. You just can’t get wrong even once. It is taxing to take care of another human being who is totally dependent on you for everything. So parents to be, rest assured it is not going to be easy and take help whenever offered. But at the same time you are able to do things much more than you thought you could do in a day.
4. Learn Better Time management: One thing that you will always feel short of is TIME. After you are a parent time will really fly. To make the best of it you will have to be a real good planner. The only thing that will come to your rescue is better planning and management. If you can manage your time well then that’s the key to happiness and getting work done. I really had to learn to plan things well in advance and that really helped so far. Discipline and punctuality in all the work becomes a must after you are a parent.
5. Appreciate other Parents more: Now this one is something that I discovered from the very first night of being parent. Parenting is hard work. Every step of the way when you do anything and everything for your baby, you realize how amazing other parents are. How much work goes in nurturing that little one? Above all you start appreciating your parents even more. You start thinking how much effort, love and affection they would have given you to raise you this big.
No doubt the joy of becoming a parent comes with huge responsibility. It changes your life in more than 5 ways. Raising a child is hard work, but the un-conditional love you get and the satisfaction that you did the best you could to raise your child makes it all worth it. Parenting is like looking at a mirror, it tells you so many things about you that you never knew. You definitely become a better person and keep striving to be the best parent possible.
Source: Self experiences.