Giving Christmas cards is a holiday tradition that millions of people indulge in every season. Some of the cards that you receive will have special meaning and you’ll want to keep these with your personal treasures but if you’re like most people, there will be some that get thrown away simply because you can’t keep everything. However, instead of throwing the cards away, consider a creative alternative by recycling.
Here are six tips for recycling Christmas cards that are easy and fun to do:
1. Keep them for craft projects. Some of the pictures found on Christmas cards are simply beautiful and they can be cut out and used for a variety of craft projects throughout the year.
2. Use them for next year’s decorations. You can place the cards around your home or be more creative. Try cutting out the designs and making ornaments for the tree, use them to dress up homemade centerpieces or make Christmas mobiles to hang around the home.
3. Make unique and inspiring gift tags for next year. Everyone on your gift list will be amazed and impressed at your creativity.
4. Some Christmas cards can be cut down in size and made into miniature cards that can be given out to the kids on your gift list. They will be excited to receive such an unusual card and it will inspire others to recycle their Christmas cards for the following year.
5. Make a collage of all the beautiful cards that you receive. This is a great way to hold onto the memory while reducing waste and limiting the amount of space needed to store these items. It’s fun and makes a great craft project for the whole family to enjoy doing together during the cold winter months.
6. Make unique coasters for your guest to use all year long. These are both colorful and functional. Your friends and family may be so impressed by the idea that they decide to create their own coasters for their homes.
There are many ways to recycle Christmas cards, all you need to do is use your imagination and try a variety of different things. If something doesn’t work out as good as you imagined, it didn’t cost you anything but a few minutes of your time and you’ll have fun experimenting. You may even be a little surprised at some of the wonderful creations you can come up with when you try.