Do you want to watch a good movie featuring figure skating? Here is a list of the best figure skating movies.
1. “The Cutting Edge” – The best out of all of the ice skating movies. It’s about a former Olympic hockey player that becomes a pair figure skater to get an opportunity to get back to the Olympics. The problem is that his partner has a problem keeping her male partners.
2. “Blades of Glory” – Two male figure skaters tie for the gold and end up fighting on the podium during the presentation of the medals. The get banned from men’s figure skating, so they pair up years later as an all male duo for pairs figure skating.
3. “Ice Princess” – A girl genius is trying to get into Harvard and works on a special formula to make figuring movies more efficient. In doing so she starts skating and finds that she is a natural and becomes a great figure skater.
4. “The Cutting Edge – Going for the Gold” – The Daughter of the pair in the first Cutting Edge gets injured and has to do pairs in order to compete. As she searches for a partner, she finds an in-line stunting skater would work best. The clash at first, but in the end they get close and fall in love.
5. “The Cutting Edge 3 – Chasing the Dream” – In this sequel a male skater is looking for a partner and looks to a female hockey player for help.
6. “Ice Dreams” – A former championship skater returns to the ice to help a teenage figure skater.
7. “Ice Castles” – A young and talented skater is discovered by a top skating coach. After becoming successful at skating she shortly becomes blind, but then returns to the ice later to compete again.
8. “On Edge” – Is a funny movie told as a documentary on the stereotypes of figure skating.