Want to cut your own hair to save yourself time and money? Then why don’t you just cut it yourself? Here are some tips on how to cut your own hair.
1. Right Equipment – Make sure you get hair scissors and clippers to make hair cutting easier. This will not only improve your accuracy, but allow you to get a cleaner cut. Do not use your standard scissors in which you use to cut paper. You will have difficulty cutting your hair with these and the lengths will be uneven.
2. Wet hair cut – For longer and curly hair it’s best to get your hair wet first. It will make it easier to cut and it will be easier to judge the lengths.
3. Dry hair cut – Now if you have short hair and you are using clippers, then dry hair is the way to go. Dry hair will allow the clippers to get a more even cut, it will avoid having hair stick to you and the clippers, and it will avoid clogging.
4. Start small – When first cutting your hair you should start small. Start with side burns, or the back of your neck, then the next time you cut you can move on to more. Just don’t get a head of yourself and make small adjustments.
5. Start simple – The first time you cut your hair is not the time that you want to layer your hair. Do simple hairstyles first. If it’s just cutting off some split ends or adding bangs, then as you get more comfortable with the tools then move on to more complicated styles.
6. Get a couple of mirrors – Get a couple of mirrors so that you can see your head from different angles, you will see mistakes that were not initially visible.
7. Don’t forget the back – Don’t focus on your mirror image so much that you forget the back.
8. Double check – Always double check your work. Even hours later you can feel around your hair and feel errors in your cutting. Maybe the lengths are uneven, maybe the bangs don’t site right, maybe the sideburns are not high enough, may there was a place that was cut too short. Just make sure you come back and double check your work after you have given your eyes a rest.