What is it that makes Thanksgiving Eve one of the biggest party days of the year? The night before Thanksgiving has many college students returning back home. Instead of spending time with their families, they spend it with their friends. They will use this eve to get back together with hometown friends. Then, on Thanksgiving, they spend the day with the family. All this before “Black Friday” arrives.
There is nothing wrong with this lineup of activities. However, many individuals tend to get wasted on Thanksgiving eve. This can make for grumpy and late sleeping individuals on Thanksgiving. A bad way to get back with the family. This article offers some alternative ideas for Thanksgiving eve.
1. Have a game night with friends and family members. It doesn’t matter what games you play. It is the fellowship that counts.
2. Take in a show. Many cinemas offer great deals and shows for this night. Many times there are special movie releases on this night.
3. Attend a high school basketball game. This is a great way to return to your former high school. Former students and teachers will be happy to see how you are doing.
4. Visit the grandparents. Why wait till the next day? They will be happy that you go out of your way to spend some extra time with them.
5. Plan your Black Friday out. On this day, papers are loaded with coupons for shopping and eating. Meet with your shopping partners and get your day planned out in advance.
There are good reasons to doing other activities on Thanksgiving eve. With this day being the busiest travel day of the year, many individuals will be tired. Fatigue and excessive partying don’t mix. Try not to ruin a thankful holiday for others. If you do decide to party, scale back on the excesses.