Are you that person that befriends people and after a couple of months of hanging out with them you find that they ditch you? Your supposed friends don’t call you anymore to tell you when the next party is going to be or where you all are going to hang out next. You are left alone in the dark while your friends are running off having the time of their life. If you are this person and are not sure why your friends ditch you then you should take a look below at some common reasons friends ditch one another.
1. You might have been too strange. Maybe you were too hot and cold in your emotions. Some people can hold relationships with people who go through a range of emotions on a day to day basis with no problems while others cannot. Your flaky nature might have chased your friends off because they did not know what to expect from you and they got tired of adjusting their schedule to cater to your mood. It can be hard to grow a connection with people that are hot and cold in a relationship.
2. You might have had an unfavorable personality. Maybe you were scheming, petty, cold, angry gloomy, needy, or spiteful. Your friends might prefer to hang out with someone with a decent personality. You should examine your personality to see if you had any unfavorable traits.
3. You might have been viewed as a wet blanket. Maybe you put a damper on the fun and your friends got tired of it. Wet blankets are very dull. They prefer routine and do not like sporadic and rambunctious behavior and this can be very unexciting to many.
4. You might have been too quiet. Your quiet nature might have turned your friends off. Your friends might have felt awkward around you because you were so quiet. They most likely were social and wanted someone of equal personality to converse with.
5. Your friends found new friends and did not want to share their new friends with you. Sometimes people get tired of the company that they keep and so they go search for better company.
6. Maybe your friends were your friends because they could gain from you and maybe you’ve lost that gain. Now that the well has run dry they don’t see any use for you anymore. This is pretty cold but this not only happens in friendships, this happens in relationships as well, when one spouse is particularly wealthy but then loses his wealth and his partner leaves him.
7. Maybe your friendship was conditional meaning that your friendship was based on you being on good terms with some other friends. For example, someone has a best friend and their best friend has other friends of which you connect with. You and your best friend have a falling out which causes the relationship with your best friend’s friends to falter. If you have had a confrontation with a certain group of friends or a friend this could be the reason your friends ditch you.