The craze for spaghetti tacos has moms and dads searching the Internet far and wide for a good spaghetti taco recipe that creates a palatable taco filled with spaghetti. The fad started thanks to the iCarly Show. It started out as a joke amongst the iCarly Show creators, and spaghetti tacos somehow ended up being prepared by Carly’s wacky sidekick brother, Spencer on an episode of iCarly.
Carly’s best friend Sam encouraged the fad, since she seems to be head over heels in love with consuming spaghetti tacos. But, if you are a regular viewer of the iCarly show, then you will know that Sam consumes anything and everything that is on the table. Needless to say, spaghetti tacos are the rage for any kid that is an iCarly fan, and now recipes for spaghetti tacos are easy to come by.
To make a good spaghetti taco you only need a few basic ingredients for the recipe. You will need taco shells, spaghetti, cooked ground meat, marinara sauce, and Parmesan cheese. It is also helpful to have some Italian spices on hand, like basil, oregano, etc. It is best to use left over spaghetti that has been drenched in the marinara sauce over night. This really lets the flavors of the sauce work itself into the spaghetti.
Recipe for Spaghetti Tacos
The steps for making spaghetti tacos are easy if you follow this simple recipe.
1. Brown a pound of ground beef and drain the fat.
2. Add about 4 cups of left over marinara sauce to the meat. Add some Italian seasoning, like oregano, basil, Italian parsley. You can also add a little salt and pepper. A bay leaf is also helpful. Bring the meat and sauce to a simmer.
3. Next add the spaghetti directly to the sauce and meat mixture. Simmer the spaghetti until it is warm.
4. While the spaghetti and meat are simmering, warm your taco shells in the oven for a just a few minutes. Prepare the spaghetti taco by adding a spoonful to the shell, as you would normally prepare a standard taco.
5. When everything is ready, call your kids into the kitchen and surprise them with a spaghetti taco dinner that only Sam, Spencer, and Carly could fully appreciate.
For an extra twist on your spaghetti taco dinner, be sure to offer either soft shelled or hard shelled tortillas to your guests.
Do you prefer hard shell, or soft shell spaghetti tacos?
Some younger, kids, especially those who are losing their baby teeth may be adverse to eating hard shelled spaghetti tacos. With missing teeth, it is a little bit easier to take a bite out of a soft shell spaghetti taco, rather then getting the hard crunch. On the other hand, the crunchiness of a hard shelled spaghetti taco makes for a pleasant contrast to the warm and soft spaghetti inside the shell. Only a kid could fully appreciate the fine and delicate culinary balance that must be struck between creation of hard and soft shelled spaghetti tacos.
Feel free to leave a comment on your preference. Soft shell, or hard shell spaghetti tacos?