Twitter is about to get its newest makeover and slowly changing Twitter pages everywhere! “Am I Upgraded Yet?” is a Twitter application that uses real-time Twitter updates to notify users that they are officially upgraded to the newest Twitter .
Last week, Twitter announced it newest web layout and design, featuring a content filled 2-pane design that features tweets on the left column and the tweet contents such as photo and YouTube links on the right column. Now, Twitter is slowly rolling out this newest layout to randomly selected Twitter users over the next couple of weeks; since this process is completely random, many are fervently awaiting for their Twitters to be upgraded, all willing to constantly refresh the page every minute of every day until the design appears. But, of course, there are those who simply do not have that waiting luxury; so, what is there to be done?
Well, thanks to one of the talented engineers at Twitpic a Twitter application was created titled ” Am I Upgraded Yet?”. The application is so simple to use and very user-friendly, replicating the trendy and laid-back design that Twitter so proudly sports. Using this app literally took me 10 seconds. I logged into my Twitter account and allowed the application to access my data. And that’s that. Once I have been upgraded to the newest Twitter, I will receive a direct message indicating that I now have the newest design layout. So instead of camping out by my Twitter page and staring down the twitter bird until it chirps out what I want, I have the liberty to do other important things; and when the design is ready, I will immediately know about it. It is so fantastic!
Another cool thing about this app is the stat table of the new Twitter rollouts. At the present moment, approximately 4.38% of Twitter users have been upgraded to the newest Twitter. The rollout process is indeed slow, but for those remaining 95.62% who still await for their upgrade, the wait is more durable since they now have a personal secretary of an app to let them know when they are ready to proceed with the full functional use of the new Twitter .
So if you are waiting, let “Am I Upgraded Yet?” do the waiting for you!