Why spend money on therapy when all it could take to get out of that rut is a subscription to a few podcasts? Funny as it sounds, it is the perfect way to learn more about communication and it really helps if you are both open to learning. For those who are busy and can’t find the time to sit down for an entire program, podcasts are portable and you can listen to them on the go. The next time you are in the car together, hook up your MP3 player or IPod and enjoy ways to enhance your relationship in the car. The most appealing part is that each of these podcasts is free to download.
Here are 5 top podcasts for couples to enjoy together.
1. Marriage Uncensored with Dave and Christie is by far one of the best podcasts. This is one of my husband and my favorites. The hosts present their ‘tell it like it is’ commentary on how real marriage works. The best is that you can hear both view points from Husband and wife. I reccomend this one highly
2. Conscious Relationship Podcasts with David Steele is a great podcast for helping couples becoming partners in their relationship. Understanding each other’s roles are an important factor.
3. Guys with Feelings with Nash & Bumgarner is for those who are looking for a bit of humor in their day. This favorite podcast has shed some light on the feelings that men have in a way that is light hearted and funny. This will take the elephant out of the room and replace it with some laughter. Sometimes this is exactly what is needed in times of stress.
4. Love Language Minute with Dr. Gary is really about caring for our relationships and understanding what you are communicating to your loved ones. This is a daily one minute program to help refocus our attention on what’s important in life.
5. The Holistic Success show with Dr. Puff & Elizabeth Lozano has been an invaluable tool in our marriage for maintaining a healthy living environment. The techniques that are taught to get through stressful situations such as learning to mediate and taking time out for you is really important in today’s busy world. We have seen remarkable benefits from using the suggestions from this podcast and can attest to the value.