Autopsy Report #USA11-02-2010
Decedent: American Democracy
Autopsy authorized by progressive Americans. Identified by citizens known to the decedent.
Rigor: Severe due to voter apathy and partisan gridlock.
Age: 234 years
Elements of Democracy:
1) Electoral process: Damaged, not functioning.
2) Financial system: Extensive damage, corrupted, limited functionality.
3) Branches of Government: Severe paralysis resulting in failure
.4) Media Network: Failure of all branches of the information network, including print, Radio, and Television.
1) Electoral system failure due to ingestion of massive amounts of toxins most likely in the form of campaign contributions. Failure of the system ultimately results from frequent interference and or manipulation by special interests.
2) Extensive paralysis of all three branches of Government which is consistent with infection by extreme Libertarian and or right wing ideology.
3) Massive financial system collapse due to a failure to regulate and monitor a condition of chronic greed.
4) System-wide media network failure. Such a failure generally results in a poorly-informed, easily- manipulated public. Due to the scarcity of accurate information, citizens cannot make the correct decisions with regard to maintaining the health of the Democracy.
This 234 year old Democracy suffered from severe degeneration due to prolonged neglect by its citizens and leaders, and due to massive systemic infection by corporate interests and extreme ideology. Such infection could have been easily controlled and minimized with proper monitoring and treatment which clearly was not performed.
Cause of Death:
Massive systemic failure due to corruption and apathy.
Manner of Death:
Homicide ‘”Democracy was killed by neglect and corruption on the part of citizens, leaders, and corporate special interests.