Throughout the next few weeks I am going to continue with the tips for visiting Salem by highlighting several activities that I suggest that you check out. There will be a brief description and the linkw to the website for more information. I have attended each of the events, tours, etc on several accounts and do recommend them.
The first event is the Festival of the Dead hosted by Christian Day and the Witches of Salem. It is a month long festival that hosts a daily psychic fair where you can have readings, take classes and even visit their local store, Hex Old World Witchery. There are also special one time events such as these:
Festival of the Dead explores death’s mysteries through events that investigate the favored and forbidden ways in which people have honored, celebrated, and secretly delved into life’s inevitable destination:
- Walk the paths of Heaven and Hell at The Brimstone Chronicles
- Learn to hunt ghosts at Spectral Evidence: Ghost Hunting 101
- Learn to communicate with spirits at Voices of the Dead: Spirit Communication
- Dance with the Undead at The Vampires’ Masquerade Ball
- Celebrate your departed at The Mourning Tea
- Hear from Departed Loved Ones at Messages from the Spirit World: An Authentic Séance
- Honor Your Loved Ones Who Have Crossed Over at the Salem Witches’ Most Sacred Event … The Dumb Supper: Dinner with the Dead
- The Official Salem Witches’ Halloween Ball, the world’s most exclusive Halloween event! Celebrate the afterlife with food, dancing, ritual, live music, free psychic readings, and prizes where the dead cavort with the living and powerful spells are cast for the Witches’ new year!
For more information visit the links attached to each event. There is a lot of information on their website.
The Festival of the Dead is one of the cornerstones of the Salem Halloween celebration. This is one stop that you should make while on your Halloween trip to Salem.