Attention all husbands: The Holiday shopping season is quickly approaching which means you will need to shop for your wife. Before you venture out – STOP, READ, and THINK before you make gift buying mistakes that could leave you with a less than joyful Holiday Season!
1. Clothes – Buying your wife clothes for a gift could end up in a bad situation for a couple of reasons. First, most women need to try clothes on because things fit differently, even if it is the correct size. Second, think about if you are sure you know what size to buy? Buying something too large and it may be assumed that you think she is larger than she really is; buy something too small and she may get offended thinking it is your way of telling her she needs to lose weight. This could get ugly!
2. Purses – Women are very picky about their purses so I can almost guarantee that who you pick will end up in the back of a closet because your wife may not want to return it and hurt your feelings which will mean money wasted.
3. Fake Jewelry – If you do not have the budget that allows the purchase of real gold, diamonds, etc. DO NOT buy fake ones. You wife may feel that she is not worth having real jewels or you do not think she deserves them. Again, this could be ugly! A more practical reason to avoid this is the fact that many people are allergic and cannot wear anything except a certain karat of gold or sterling silver.
4. Gym Membership – REALLY?? Do I need to explain this one? I hope not but just in case I will! The only reaction to this as a gift is the feeling of being fat and out of shape. You do NOT want to be responsible for causing this feeling. If she truly wants a gym membership then after the holidays you may suggest that SHE go and purchase one if she would like.
5. Nothing – Not buying a gift at all is a NO, NO! She will surely buy you something, how will you feel if she has nothing from you to open? Even more, how will you feel? This situation will not cause joyful Holiday feelings. If you are really at a loss for gift ideas purchase a gift card at her favorite store which will allow her to get what she wants.