If you are tired of the path you tread and it is renewal that you seek, the transition can be overwhelming. There are many ways that you can make subtle changes in your life that are impacting. These opportunities can motivate you to make even the biggest goals come to fruition.
Here are ten steps that you can take to become a benchmark in changing your life, while ushering peace, and helping yourself to reclaim your talents.
1. Re-prioritize your Schedule: Add to the freshness of your new beginning by finding a balance between your responsibilities to others, and responsibilities to yourself. Cut out the non-productive activities in your life (watching re-runs on TV) and begin to notice areas in your work, home, and personal life that could use fine tuning. Something as simple as cleaning out your closet can help you jump start your productivity and give you peace of mind.
2. Attack your Bad Habits: We all have them, we all want to get rid of them but there are only a very small percentage of people that invest the time to do so. Be objective and gentle with yourself and look at the areas of your life that could use some house cleaning. Begin to make small goals each week to eliminate your vices, and reward yourself with an uplifting activity or ‘gift’ that will help you on your road to renewal.
3. Be Present in the Outside World: No matter how old you are, or your social standing, you can make a positive impact on your community. Whether it is donating clothes from the closet you just cleaned out, or to sharing your passion with the underprivileged, volunteering your time is both externally and internally rewarding. This will help you to understand the world around you in a very tactile way and it will open your heart.
4. Begin a Creative Project: Everyone has creative talent. No matter how or where you shine, do something about it! When you get those creative juices flowing, you have yet another avenue to be a contributing member as a world citizen. You never know where your creative projects will take you, and what opportunities could open through them.
5. Work Hard, Play Hard: Find the positive aspects in things that you are required to do and make them sacred. Make your daily routine a meditation. Put your unique flavor into your daily routine, your projects, your family, and friends. Notice how that shifts the world around you. When you go the extra mile, it can make a world of difference and this difference sets the pace for your actualizing your potential.
6. Connect with your Higher Power: No matter who we are, we all have a connection to a higher source. Find out what that means to you and begin taking small steps to having open and internal dialog with your higher power, and your conscience. Let them work in concert to build your spiritual body.
7. Establish your Ethics: When you begin to understand yourself and set personal boundaries, you will feel the freedom to live the life you have always wanted. Knowing and understanding what feels appropriate for you will help you to have empathy for others around you, and you will become ethically sensitive to others needs. If this is something you have yet to master, understand that it the journey that is most significant . The beauty of the learning experiences will enrich your spirit.
8. Affirm, Affirm, Affirm: Every time you look in the mirror, be truthful with your positive qualities and praise them. Praise your body, praise your mind, tell yourself you are proud of your accomplishments no matter how big or small, and begin to establish an intimate relationship between your body and spirit. This is so important for when we are faced with the onslaught of negative messages we experience every day.
9. Adjust your Attitude: Take the time to share in others’ joys, encourage those around you, and see the positive aspects in your surroundings. Let that fill your heart and give it right back to your world. This is the way to understand how beautiful the simplest things can be. If you are used to being on the negative side of life, this will be a challenge, but be patient with yourself and take small steps and make attainable goals.
10. Walk Boldly in Your Truth: Stop making excuses for who you really are. If you have conformed your uniqueness in order to be accepted by your peers, a boss, or family members, you are dishonoring your truth. More and more men and women are doing their best to hide loveable qualities for fear of rejection. When you accept yourself without reservation, your confidence is like a wellspring of light that shines through your eyes. Whatever mistakes you have made in your life, whatever unattained goals that you have; remember that you wouldn’t be the person that you are without them. Valuable lessons make brilliant people.