Women in their fifties can still fight the fight when it comes to beauty and preventing wrinkles. Actually, women of all ages can. For this reason, Dr. Oz dedicated a whole show on helping women fight the signs of aging; it was entitled Dr. Oz’s Ultimate Aging Show.
Dr. Oz is of course the host and actual physician of the syndicated television show, Dr. Oz. Here are some of the tips that were shared on this show for women in their fifties:
First, what are the major causes of aging in all women, no matter what the age?
• Overeating fats and sugars
• Lack of Sex
• Lack of exercise
What are the main beauty problems for women in their fifties?
• Pores are more prominent
• Spider veins may be appearing
• You may have more brown spots than you did in your forties
As a woman approaches her fifties, she begins to experience a shift in her hormones. She may be in menopausal or close to it and thus her estrogen levels are changing. This is the main cause of dryness issues of the skin, hair and even fingernails.
How can a woman in her fifties prevent some of these age related problems?
• Do the obvious things that you need to take care of your body: get plenty of sleep, avoid alcohol, try to avoid stress, exercise, eat right
• Every morning apply sunscreen with a SPF of 30
• Avoid using combo creams on your skin. These could cause irritation, redness and even allergic reactions
• Do use a mega moisturizer nightly that contains ceramides
One more helpful step women in their fifties may want to consider is:
• Having a filler injection done at your dermatologist office to fill in your biggest wrinkles. These injections take only about 20 minutes and will last for about 6 to 12 months.
No, a woman in her fifties should not give up the fight of preventing and treating her wrinkles. She can still reverse some of the damage that she did way back in her twenties and she can still look great.
Dr. Oz, Television Show
ABC, WSYX Columbus Ohio