We get so used to seeing our favorite Hollywood actors and actresses on the big screen that we sometimes forget they were once struggling unknowns, paying their dues and scrambling for whatever work they could get. Brad Pitt once danced in a chicken suit to lure customers into a restaurant.
Sandra Bullock was a coat check girl. Jennifer Garner was a hostess at Isabella’s restaurant in New York City and some even had cameos in music videos. Who were they? Read these hints and see if you can figure it out. Then scroll down below for the answers. They may surprise you!
1. In 1982, this 30-year-old, tall, handsome Texan with a serious swagger appeared as a dancer in the music video “Rosanna” by Toto. Another dancer in the video, Cynthia Rhodes, went on to star with this handsome stud again in a popular dance movie. Let’s just say it was kind of dirty.
2. This Latin heartthrob is the son of two lawyers who played the brooding DEA agent opposite a very pregnant, Catherine Zeta-Jones, in the Oscar-winning film “Traffic.” He was the heroin addicted best friend of David Duchovny in “Things we Lost in the Fire” who comforted his widow, Halle Berry, when he died. But, in 1986, the smoking hot Puerto Rican was an extra in Madonna’s video “La Isla Bonita.”
3. This gorgeous, Oscar-winning femme fatale is as famous for her wild child, man-stealing ways as she is for her global humanitarian work. Men are captivated by her and women keep their husbands on a short leash when she’s around. In 1993, while still a teen, she appeared in “Rock’ n’ Roll Dreams Come Through” with Meat Loaf. Then, in her early twenties, she played a sultry, burlesque dancer and the object of Mick Jagger’s obsession in “Anybody Seen My Baby.”
4. Nashville and the ladies love this Hollywood hunk, who has never met a shirt or deodorant he wants to wear, and he loves Nashville and the ladies right back. His charming, Southern boy ways landed him a spot in Nashville songbird, Trisha Yearwood’s video, “Walkaway Joe,” in 1993. Even as a young 24-year-old, this ruggedly handsome actor from Uvalde, Texas, had great abs and was a scene stealer.
5. This popular, Golden Globe-winning actor appeared with Annie Lennox in her 1993 video “Walking on Broken Glass. “While she pined after John Malkovich in the“Dangerous Liaisons” inspired video, he tries unsuccessfully to woo and capture her affections. But, after walking on all that shattered glass, the only thing Annie Lennox really needed was a doctor in the house.
6. She’s a gorgeous, blue-eyed brunette who once dated funny man, Michael Keaton, for five years. She’s also known to be a loyal friend too. At 46 years of age, she’s now a bona fide cougar, but in 1984, she was 20 years old and “Dancing in the Dark” with an also much younger, Bruce Springsteen.
1. If you said Patrick Swayze you would be right. Patrick looked much younger than 30 years old in Toto’s video, but even then, the grace and elegance on the dance floor that he became famous for was evident. Rest in peace, big guy.
2. Benicio del Toro was only 19-years-old when he appeared in Madonna’s video. But, he was smoldering even back then. Look closely and you’ll see his smiling face on the hood of a car, smoking a cigarette while Madge dances around him.
3. Angelina Jolie. Rumor has it that Mick Jagger continued to pursue the gorgeous and nubile Angie long after this video was shot. But, what else is new, right? Angie’s used to men chasing her. Get in line, Mick.
4. Matthew McConaughey was an unknown when he played the outlaw teen in “Walkaway Joe” But, one look at the gorgeous, young Matthew and it’s not hard to see how he became one of Hollywood’s sexiest actors.
5. It’s hard to recognize Hugh Laurie in the full make-up and wig. I’m thinking he’s probably glad his days as a struggling artist are over.
6. Courteney Cox looked much younger than her 20 years in the video, but with those gorgeous blue eyes, that porcelain skin and raven hair, it’s hard not to notice her. Somewhere, I think David Arquette must be howling at the moon.
More From Associated Content:
Joy Behar and Whoopi Walk Off The View
Courteney Cox and Brian Van Holt?
Vince Gill and Amy Grant: Country Couple
*Note: This was written by an Associated Content contributor. Sign up here to start publishing your own entertainment articles.