If you want to create a more contoured look with your makeup during the Fall and winter seasons, make sure you’re using the right shade of blush and bronzer. The season’s richer hues in the makeup department mean you need to choose darker shades of blush and bronzer for contouring and to create a healthy glow. Highlighting your cheekbones can create a more glamorous look day and night, and you’ll need to choose a shade that complements the season’s rich plums, dark reds, shimmering golds and deep browns.
Use these tips to highlight your cheekbones during the Fall and winter seasons:
1. Try a shimmer powder instead of blush. If you usually wear a red blush on your cheeks, switch to a shimmering gold or bronze powder to create contours this season. Shimmer powder will brighten up your look and can even bring out your natural glow.
2. Use a plum colored blush by day. Plum shades are perfect for Fall and winter season and can help to define your cheekbones and contour your face. Use a combination of light and dark shades of plum-colored blush to achieve a more natural look.
3. Use a gold or bronze shimmer stick by day. Don’t have time to use a powder blush in the morning? Apply a streak of bronze or gold shimmer to the apples of your cheeks up towards the temples and blend into your foundation with your fingertip. Cream-to-powder shimmer sticks are perfect for Fall and winter seasons, and can complement almost any makeup color palette.
4. Play with cheek stains. Cheek stains are a great alternative to cream or powder blush for Fall and can help you create rosy cheeks in a flash. You will need to apply cheek stains over your foundation or layer of mineral makeup to achieve the right effect. Cheek stains are also easy to travel with, so consider packing this in your makeup bag when you’re heading off on that Fall or winter weekend getaway!
5. Use a loose mineral powder blush for a more natural look. If you prefer a more natural look in the makeup department this Fall, apply a loose, mineral powder blush to the apples of your cheeks using a Kabuki brush and blend upward. Mineral makeup will give you a more subtle look but will still highlight your cheekbones. Choose a color that is one shade lighter than your lipstick to achieve the most balanced look for the season.
Whether you choose shimmer powder or cheek stains, there are several ways to highlight your cheekbones for the Fall and winter season. Use these tips and strategies to contour your face and accentuate your cheekbones for a fresh new look this season!