What’s not to love about buffalo chicken wings? Okay, they can be time consuming to prepare, but who said you had to use wings? Chicken tenders work just as well. Best of all buffalo chicken tenders can be used in other recipes. The following recipes are sure to be a favorite with any buffalo chicken lover.
Easy Buffalo Chicken Tenders
I’ve been making these for several years. Not only are they easy, but cutting the flour and vegetable oil from the recipe makes these a bit healthier than the average buffalo chicken wings.
1 pound of chicken tenders, trimmed
4 tablespoons melted butter
1 cup of Frank’s RedHot Sauce
1. Place enough olive oil in the bottom of a large skillet to come ¼ inch up the sides of the pan.
2. Add the chicken tenders to the skillet and cook on medium-high until cooked through and brown and crispy on both sides.
3. In the meantime, mix the butter and hot sauce in a large bowl.
4. Toss the chicken tenders in the buffalo sauce mixture and place on a nonstick cookie sheet.
5. Bake at 350 degrees until the buffalo sauce adheres to the chicken, about 5 to 10 minutes.
6. Serve with ranch or blue cheese dressing.
Buffalo Chicken Pizza
Several years ago, Pizza Hut had an awesome buffalo chicken pizza. Unfortunately, it was one of those limited time only deals. I decided to recreate the pizza in my own kitchen and it’s actually better than the Pizza Hut version.
2 tablespoons melted butter
1 pre-made pizza crust
½ cup of Frank’s RedHot Sauce
2 cups of shredded provolone
1 pound of buffalo tenders (see recipe above), chopped into bite sized pieces
1. Mix the butter and hot sauce together and pour over the pizza crust.
2. Top with cheese and buffalo chicken tenders.
3. Bake according to the pizza crust baking directions.
There are of course hundreds of ways to serve the buffalo chicken tenders listed above. They would be great on a salad, inside of pita bread or on a hoagie bun toasted up with cheese and additional buffalo sauce. You can also adjust the heat by adding more butter and less hot sauce or more hot sauce, if you like them extra spicy. Either way, these are sure to be a big hit with your family and because they are so easy to prepare they can be prepared on a moment’s notice.