For those of you who are wondering how much more Call of Duty Black Ops is bringing to the table than previous games, the answer is a LOT. The amount of customization in the new Create a Class 2.0 is off the charts, and Treyarch is bringing a plethora of never before seen weapons to the COD franchise. Here’s the scoop on all the new multiplayer elements that Black Ops will have:
Let’s start with the weapons. Everyone likes the weapons.
- FN FAL
Sub machine Guns:
Light Machine Guns:
- Mini-Gun( these can only be obtained from Care Packages)
Sniper Rifles: (hopefully there are more than 3 when the game releases.)
- .357 Magnum
- M202A1 “Grim Reaper” Rocket Launcher
- China Lake Pump Action Grenade Launcher
Next we have the weapon attachments. These include extended magazines, dual magazines, ACOG Sight, Reflex Sight, Red Dot Sight, Masterkey (under barrel shotgun), Flamethrower, In fared Scope (similar to thermal in MW2), Grenade Launcher, and a Suppressor. Sidearm attachments for pistols include ACOG Sight, Snub Nose, Speed Reloader, Dual Wielding, and Upgraded Iron Sights.
In addition to all new weapons, here is a list of the new killstreak options.
- 3 Kills – Spy Plane: Similar to the UAV in previous games. It can be shot down.
- 3 Kills – RC-XD Explosive RC Car: Remote controlled car strapped with explosives. Can be shot d
- 4 Kills – Counter Spy Plane: Temporarily disables radar.
- 4 Kills – SAM Turret: Airdrop a placeable SAM turret that destroys enemy aircraft killstreaks.
- 5 Kills – Care Package: Airdrops a random killstreak or ammo crate.
- 5 Kills – Napalm Strike: Airstrike that covers an area in napalm.
- 6 Kills – Sentry Gun: Airdrops a placeable Sentry Gun.
- 6 Kills – Mortar Team: Target 2 locations that will be mortar striked.
- 7 Kills – Attack Helicopter: Call in a support helicopter.
- 7 Kills – Valkyrie Rockets: Launch 2 remote controlled rockets.
- 8 Kills – Blackbird: Shows enemy position and direction on the mini-map. Cannot be shot down.
- 8 Kills – Rolling Thunder: Carpet bombing airstrike (similar to stealth bomber in MW2).
- 9 Kills – Chopper Gunner: Be the gunner of an attack helicopter.
- 11 Kills – Attack Dogs: Attack dogs that hunt the enemy down. (similar to World at War).
- 11 Kills – Gunship: Pilot an attack helicopter. (yes you will actually be able to control the helicopter itself!)
Also, you will be able to create custom red dot and other sight reticules for your weapons and be able to etch your clan tag into the side of your weapon. Additionally, there will be 13 camos for weapons including: Sahara, ERDL, Tiger, Berlin, Warsaw, Siberia, Yukon, Woodland, Dusty, Ice, Red, Olive, and Flora.
Last but not least there is a currency in the game where you will earn money every game depending on how well you do. You use these “cod points” to purchase everything in the game from perks to guns to equipment. Treyarch has also added a cool new feature where you can put down a chunk of money in order to fulfill contracts. These contracts will have you do many different things ranging from getting a certain amount of kills in an allotted amount of games to achieving a certain amount of headshots. If you finish the contract, you will get paid double; if you lose, your money is gone.
Well that’s about all that has been confirmed for Black Ops so far, but there is still more time for more to be revealed. All of this can be viewed on YouTube in great depth.
I did not make this video, but it does a great job at explaining everything that I have outlined in this article.