Taking proper precautions during her pregnancy, Celine Dion has checked into the hospital to prepare for the birth of her twin boys.
Early Monday morning (October 18), the “How Do I Live” singer’s rep confirmed to People magazine, “Ms Celine Dion has been admitted to St. Mary’s Medical Center in West Palm Beach, Florida for observation at the recommendation of her doctors.”
The statement continued, “She has been admitted to prevent the early delivery of her babies, which is the standard of care for any patient with twin pregnancy in this clinical setting.”
Furthermore, the statement makes clear this is a preventive measure “done to ensure the patient can be in close contact with their doctors and clinical resources, leading up to their birth,” it says.
As for now, there is no date scheduled just yet for the actual birth.
This past June, at only 14 weeks into her pregnancy, Celine Dion faced some hard times carrying her twins.
The 42 year-old singer told French paper Le Journal de Montreal,”I feel like I’ve been pregnant more than a year.” Dion and her husband Rene Angelil had been trying to have another baby, and finally conceived twins after five failed in-vitro fertilization attempts, one that led to a miscarriage. On her sixth IVF attempt, Dion’s rep said that the singer spent a month and a half in New York and tried acupuncture.
“I never gave up,” Dion says. “But I can tell you that it was physically and mentally exhausting.” Angelil, 58, adds, “Everyone knows that Celine has guts and is determined. These treatments were truly hard on my wife’s body. It wasn’t simple at all.” The wait was also a very stressful part. “My doctors had to constantly reassure me. I [wanted] to see the babies,” Dion says. “Each week I had sonograms. I heard their heartbeats.”
©2010, GossipCenter.com. All Rights Reserved