When dieting, it is often easy to give in to cravings and fall of the wagon. Part of being able to stay on a diet, is enjoying it. Since not everyone enjoys eating healthy, here are a few different “cheat treats” that are actually good for you. Even though you will feel like you are falling of your diet and sneaking them, they aren’t going to hurt your diet, and you can sneak them whenever you would like!
1. Reese’s Peanut Butter Puffs Cereal: This delicious cereal, when eaten with skim or soy milk, has the same amount of calories as Special K. It is also high in protein, fiber, Iron, and other essential vitamins and minerals. Although it is higher in sugar than most diet cereals, it is still a healthy breakfast choice, so you can pour yourself a bowl and enjoy whenever you are craving something sweet for breakfast.
2. Ben & Jerry’s Single Serves: These little single serving containers of ice cream give you a chance to indulge, without devouring a whole container. Some of the flavors are even sugar free, and they are all high in calcium and protein. They are actually healthier than grabbing a pre packaged bag of crackers. Only buy a couple at a time though, so you aren’t tempted to eat more than one in a single sitting.
3. Sara Lee Cheesecake Bites: They are available in low fat, come in a few different flavors, and contain only 80 calories a piece. Adding a few of them in your lunch will save you from getting a sweet tooth and hitting the vending machine later in the afternoon. Plus they are rich, so you won’t want to eat more than a couple at a time.
4. Dove Dark Chocolate Promises: You can have 5 pieces throughout the day, and they will only total 210 calories. Plus, dark chocolate is high in antioxidants, which is great for your immunity. Try dropping a few in your purse, or in your desk at work, and suck on one whenever you get a craving. Buy the time you are done with it, the craving should be gone.
5. Sugar Free Twizzlers: When you feel like candy, grabbing a pack of these instead of a candy bar is going to save your diet. In a single pack there are only 130 calories. They also take you more energy to eat than the other snacks listed above, which tends to make people eat less of them.