This unique bumble bee themed accent table makes a perfect addition to your little explorer’s bug themed room! This project is a great way to refurbish an existing wood table or create something new.
For this project, you will need (per accent table):
– One unfinished wooden accent table or refurbished wooden accent table
– Medium or fine grit sandpaper sheets
– Tack cloth or other similar style soft cloth
– Krylon Indoor Outdoor Primer in All-Purpose White
– Krylon Indoor Outdoor Paint in Sun Yellow
– Krylon Short Cuts Hobby and Craft Brush On Paint in Gloss White
– Krylon Short Cuts Hobby and Craft Brush On Paint in Gloss Black
– Krylon Short Cuts Hobby and Craft Brush On Paint in Gloss Sun Yellow
– Krylon Crystal Clear Acrylic Finishing Spray
– Bumble bee shaped room stencil (available at home improvement stores)
– Artist’s paintbrush
– Newspaper and/or a large drop cloth
Before starting, make sure the accent table you are using is free from any existing paints and/or stains. If not, remove them using a bit of paint thinner and/or paint stripper. Also, remove all hardware from the table. Cover the area in which you will be creating your bumble bee table with several sheets of old newspaper and/or a large drop cloth. Carefully sand the entire outside of the accent table with a few sheets of medium or fine grit sandpaper. Wipe down the table with a tack cloth or other similar style soft cloth to remove any grit created by sanding.
Prime the outside of the table with an even layer of Krylon Indoor Outdoor Primer in All-Purpose White. Let the primer set for an hour before adding a second coat. Dry completely. Paint the table using three to five even coats of Krylon Indoor Outdoor Paint in Sun Yellow. Allow the table to dry overnight.
Use a pencil to trace the bumble bee image from a stencil onto the center of the table. With an artist’s paintbrush, fill in the design using Krylon Short Cuts Hobby and Craft Brush On Paint in Gloss White, Krylon Short Cuts Hobby and Craft Brush On Paint in Gloss Black, and Krylon Short Cuts Hobby and Craft Brush On Paint in Sun Yellow. Apply a “dashed trail” behind the bee and across the table using black paint. Let the paint dry completely.
Spray the entire table with a thick coat of Krylon Crystal Clear Acrylic Finishing Spray. Let the table dry overnight before enjoying your new creation.
TIP: For a girl’s bedroom, paint the base of the table using Krylon Indoor Outdoor Paint in Watermelon Pink.